Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you let your little one ( still in a crib) play in the morning before you go in to get them ? If ds wakes up happy I let him hang out in there for a few minutes so I can snooze off an on. He likes to blow raspberries , squeal and giggle and as long as he's happy I don't see the harm in self entertainment for 10 minutes or so !
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I never saw anything wrong with it ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I have to give my DD2 time to wake up on her own. If I go in there the minute she gets up, it's an instant bad mood - and we all know how bad that sucks. LOL

I don't see anything wrong with letting your LO sit in there for a few minutes. As long as you know that he is safe, and as long as you can hear him..

meparty
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

My kids had those kicking toys at the end of the crib, so they would kick it and it would play music, spin stuff etc, for a good 10 minutes.

alwayskk
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

As long as they're happy. I'm so glad I don't have babies any more.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I let play in the morning for a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
If he allows you to sleep in a little then go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM
my kids would play in their crib for about 15 - 20 min i wouldnt let them wait much longer unless i had changed them recently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
as long as they're happy.. Im ok letting them play... Sometimes my daughter would even fall back to sleep for an hour or so :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Once he calls or cries for me I go get him, usually right away but if he is hanging out in the morning or after nap I will let him be if I am doing something else.
maureen813
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
My neighbor just had her fifth child in March, she has to get three little ones dressed, fed and packed up to go on the school bus so I think her seven month old may be developing a great deal of patience and skills to entertain himself as it takes her at least ten or fifteen minutes to get him out of the crib when he wakes up! He is truly the happiest little guy around!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)