Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Same sex marriage is wrong

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 197 Replies
Please tell me all your opinions on why same sex marriage should not be legal. As well as why same sex couples should not be allotted the same rights as heterosexual couples.

If you think it should be legal please tell me why..

I am doing a research paper on the topic and I need to have opinions from both sides.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
L.sands
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's wrong.
Love is love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntergirl53
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

AnnieMcD
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
16 moms liked this

Civil rights are civil rights, and any adult human should be able to marry any other adult human they wish, so long as the second party is also willing.

It really should be as simple as that. 

illinoismommy83
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

If two people love each other and want to spend their life together, what is so wrong with them getting married? Why does their gender matter?

I really don't see how two guys getting married effects anyone else. How does it change YOUR life if two men share benefits and finances? I think people are just jealous because most gay people are fabulous.

Society puts so much pressure on how people should act. It is silly. If a woman doesn't dress like a 1940's housewife then she is a slut. If a woman does dress like a 1940's housewife then she is a prude. You can never win, so just be who you are and be proud.

huntergirl53
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree. Marriage is between a man and a woman and should continue to be that way. They want to be like us oh so bad to legitmize their nasty lifestyle. 

beeky
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

It should be legal because love is a human right.

huntergirl53
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. Marriage is between a man and a woman and should continue to be that way. They want to be like us oh so bad to legitmize their nasty lifestyle. 

Why do you feel this way?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

because I believe it to be true. Just like the transsexuals. They want to normalize their homosexuality and thats the only reason why they change their sex. Being Gay alone isn't enough for them.

Quoting huntergirl53:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you feel this way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
3 moms liked this
The Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. I beleive God comes first. You'll get different answers based on where everybody lives. I live in the south and in my town, mixed race marriage and same sex marriage is frowned upon. That's what I was raised on and that's what I will teach my DDs. If they go against it, I will still love and support them of course.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN