why do kids get outta school for MLK day and not columbus day? I know that these days vary by district but I really don't get it.if the banks and post offices are closed shouldn't the schools be closed too?
ETA for those of you who can't read...I am asking specifically about the fact that both days are a holiday as far as banks and post offices are concerned...why don't all schools recognize this as well...not whether MLK was a better man than Columbus. Also, please note...I KNOW THAT ALL DISTRICTS VARY
ETA #2: this post was not intended as a cloumbuse vs MLK...which is a better man. however, many of you have turned it into that...so...
the truth about Cloumbus and MLK:
Let me introduce you to Francisco de Bobadilla – liar and Columbus usurper. The criticism of Columbus today comes from de Bobadilla. Who was he? The man who wanted Columbus’s job as governor of Hispaniola.
In 1500 the King and Queen sent him to North America to investigate claims that Columbus wasn’t being fair to the European settlers (which means Columbus was protecting the Indians). So de Bobedilla came here, and in just a few short days did his investigation (with no telephones or motorized vehicles to help him), and promptly arrested Columbus and his brothers for Indian mistreatment and sent them back to Spain, sans a trial. Oh and, he also appointed himself governor. Coup de coeur for power lead to coup d’ etat, as usual.
The King and Queen out these shenanigans and sent for be Bobadilla two years later, but he drowned on the trip home. Columbus was reinstated as admiral.
But what we know of Columbian malfeasance comes from a defrocked liar, de Bobadilla.
Columbus came back a year later to find that the Taino Indians killed all of them and left them where they fell. Columbus went to war with the Tainos and took 500 of them as prisoners of war, not slaves. They were released after the war.
Big difference, of course.
It is also wrong to blame Columbus for bringing genocidal microbes to kill native Americans. His detractors make fun of him for thinking he was in the East. So was his evil plan then to bring disease to wipe out the East?
Europeans didn’t know anything about germs until Italian physicist Girolamo Fracastoro proposed the theory 40 years after Columbus died.
Also, had an Indian built a boat and traveled to Europe and back, he would have contaminated the Indians too. Transcontinental contamination was going to happen at some point, making the first carriers irrelevant.
Each year Martin Luther King, Jr. is portrayed as more and more Christ-like by the US media. It’s time to stand up to the propaganda and tell the truth.
1) Martin Luther King, Jr. plagiarized his doctorate thesis. This is the biggest case of academic plagiarism in US history. The “mainstream” media censors this fact. In the 1980′s Boston University officials confirmed that King did in fact plagiarize his thesis paper, but claimed that they did not know it was plagiarized at the time it was accepted by the University. The officials said they could revoke his doctorate, but that revocation would serve “no purpose.”
2) Martin Luther King was a notorious user of prostitutes and even had multiple prostitutes in his hotel room the day he was murdered.
3) In 1957 King attended a training seminar run by Highlander Folk School. The “school” was a training center set up by the Communist Party. King attended with several known members of the Communist Party. The subject matter of the seminar was on instigating race riots.
4) For five years King’s personal secretary was a long time Communist Party member. He was also a convicted WWII draft-dodger, a homosexual, and had a conviction for a lewd act in public. King completely surrounded himself with known members of the Communist Party.
5) Contrary to what has been claimed by King’s descendants, MLK never met Ghandi, nor did Ghandi ever endorse MLK. In fact, Ghandi was a major advocate of racial segregation while living in South Africa.
6) FBI Assistant Director Sullivan stated after King’s murder that the Bureau has evidence King embezzled money from the SCLC to finance his prostitution habit. King’s widow successfully lobbied congress to seal the FBI’s records on King for fifty years.