Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

have you ever noticed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

that the moms who seem to have it all figured out, or at least claim they do, are the ones who have like, oh, one child...and that one child is still a toddler.
These are the moms who post about how they know how the way they do it is the right way. They've figured that out in the 3 years they've been a parent, because their 3 year old bestowed their wisdom on them, or because their 4 year old is doing so well in preschool, ect.

The moms who know how you should discipline your child, feed your child, sleep with/without, hold/not hold, ect your children, are the ones who have one toddler. But they've figured it all out.

These are the moms I want to talk to in 5 years, when they have child number two. The one that doesn't stop when told to stop. That doesn't repsond to the discipline that worked so well with child #1. The kids taht throw fits in the middle of the store, while the sweet oldest child stands there, still being a great child.

The thing is, those of us moms with more than one child are the ones who can admit that we don't have all the answers. Because we've learned something new with each new child that we didn't know before. We realize with each new child that the "right" way, was only the "right"way for that first child. Maybe we don't know it all.

I'm not saying that every mom with one child is a know-it-all, so before you start bitching, don't. I'm just sayng that a lot of mothers who get on here and tell you how to raise your child, or tell you how she knows spanking is wrong "because", are the moms of one. They've had all of 3 or 4 years of experience with one child, yet they know everything.

Come back after 2 more, then tell me what you know!! :-)

ps. This is all done in fun! not attacking anyone

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Of course

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I have a two year old and that's enough for me lol. I don't know if I'll ever get this thing called parenting. Potty training is coming up and it frightens me to say the least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailalaila
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 kids and with my first one I thought I knew it all.. and then I had 4 more then realized I had alot to learn. I think that no matter how many you have you always learn something new.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

haha!!! I feel your pain!! So thankful I'm done with potty training. I feel like I can conquer just about anything now! lmao!

Quoting owl0210:

I have a two year old and that's enough for me lol. I don't know if I'll ever get this thing called parenting. Potty training is coming up and it frightens me to say the least.

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old and sometimes I don't know what the f I'm doing.  lol. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Parenting is a daily learning experience for every parent.

People think they're doing it right when things are going well, because it's all they know.

Experience is relative. 

There are plenty of times I though "insert the whatever" here was the right way to do something, then learned that the "whatever" was going to be different for every kid, because they were just that "different".

It doesn't mean I didn't have it figured out for the first.

I think I explained that poorly. Sorry.

For the record, I'm the mom of seven wjo is ALWAYS wondering if what I'm doing is right, if it's going to be enough to produce HAPPY, PRODUCTIVE people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Apparently Birth Control... was not one those things you learn... 9 kids and counting? ?

Quoting kailalaila:

I have 5 kids and with my first one I thought I knew it all.. and then I had 4 more then realized I had alot to learn. I think that no matter how many you have you always learn something new.

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM
No Mom ever has it all figured out ever! Lol

My pet peve is wwhen people who don't have any children at all criticize your parenting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Lol!  I had child # 2 and all the things I thought I knew about being a parent went out the window.  Seriously, it's like #2 is the exact opposite of #1, really threw me off my game.  Now when I see parenting books that claim to have all the answers "follow our 5 step plan to a happy kid" etc, I just roll my eyes.  I was lucky enough to get my own personal lesson (through baby #2) teaching me that each child is an individual.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
She didn't say she has nine kids. She said she had one, thought she knew everything, and then had four more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently Birth Control... was not one those things you learn... 9 kids and counting? ?

Quoting kailalaila:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)