Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever noticed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

that the moms who seem to have it all figured out, or at least claim they do, are the ones who have like, oh, one child...and that one child is still a toddler.
These are the moms who post about how they know how the way they do it is the right way. They've figured that out in the 3 years they've been a parent, because their 3 year old bestowed their wisdom on them, or because their 4 year old is doing so well in preschool, ect.

The moms who know how you should discipline your child, feed your child, sleep with/without, hold/not hold, ect your children, are the ones who have one toddler. But they've figured it all out.

These are the moms I want to talk to in 5 years, when they have child number two. The one that doesn't stop when told to stop. That doesn't repsond to the discipline that worked so well with child #1. The kids taht throw fits in the middle of the store, while the sweet oldest child stands there, still being a great child.

The thing is, those of us moms with more than one child are the ones who can admit that we don't have all the answers. Because we've learned something new with each new child that we didn't know before. We realize with each new child that the "right" way, was only the "right"way for that first child. Maybe we don't know it all.

I'm not saying that every mom with one child is a know-it-all, so before you start bitching, don't. I'm just sayng that a lot of mothers who get on here and tell you how to raise your child, or tell you how she knows spanking is wrong "because", are the moms of one. They've had all of 3 or 4 years of experience with one child, yet they know everything.

Come back after 2 more, then tell me what you know!! :-)

ps. This is all done in fun! not attacking anyone

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (31-37):
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I just had my 3rd. What works for my oldest never works for my youngest. And what worked for them won't work for my baby. They teach me stuff all the time. I still have my know-it-all moments but I will be the first to say each child is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AprilJ24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I have 1 kid, he is 19months and I don't claim to know jack shit, we are learning as we go. We have no local family to depend on, but I think overall we are doing a good job. I would never attempt to give someone else advice.

Oh and no more kids for us, 1 is plenty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I have four kids and I'm perfect ; )

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Even though I only have one child, I really enjoy the moms that don't have teens telling me how I should raise my teen.

lkeyes143
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Two kids here and I think spanking is WRONG. The irony of seeing a parent tell their child, "Dont hit!" as they spank their child (or smack their hand, or whatever) is never lost on me. And WHY would you want your child to fear you? Respect, yes. Fear, no. My children fear the consequences, not me. My humble opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Lol, I wouldn't say I know how to raise everyone elses kids, I do only have one, and hes going on 2 years old, but he is by far, the hardest kid I've ever had to deal with. Doesn't stop when told a million times to stop, climbs on EVERYTHING, runs into walls on purpose. Hes nuts. Compared to my friends child who is an absolute angel, she is shocked when I tell her the things my son does, and she just kinda thinks that I'm not being a parent, like all kids are angels at that age and theres just something wrong with my parenting. My kid is one of those kids in the store that screams. We don't spoil him, when he throws a tantrum, we don't give into him, we have to do time outs on a 16 month old, people think I'm crazy when I tell them that because they can't fathom a 1 year old being a bad child. I tell people hes too smart for his own good, because its true. I love my kid, he is great when he isn't being bad, he understands what people are saying to him in spanish and english, but he doesn't talk, and I think its simply because he doesn't feel like it, lol. I get what you're saying even though I only have one child, simply because not all kids are angels......I hope sooooooo badly that my next child isn't lie this, lol.....I'd go insane for sure.

When I was pregnant I thought I knew how to raise a kid, and that my kid would be such an angel....boy was I in for a surprise and thats just one kid. 

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Two of my sisters didn't have kids at the time, they criticized everything from my "dirty" house, brand of diapers, the fact that it took so long to lose the baby weight and other parenting choices.
Now 10 yrs later they both have children and continue to apologize for judging me! Lmao

Quoting funny_girl3:

Ugh!  My brothers in law love to give parenting advice...they are both single with no kids. 

Quoting MJNMADDYSMOMMY:

No Mom ever has it all figured out ever! Lol

My pet peve is wwhen people who don't have any children at all criticize your parenting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured