Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hi I recently started the hcg diet and wanted to know how its worked for others? i got mine from walmart and not sure if it will work since its not hcg potent. Also has anybody recently started it would be nice to have somebody doing the diet with me and exchanging info.I've tried it before but i cheated and ate everything and anything. so im trying to stay on it this time. I would like to look decent for my birthday.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Replies (11-18):
orianaleon
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

if its not done properly then you wont lose a lot of weight or at all. if you decide to eat junk starches and sugars then theres no point in doing it you will gain weight. you have to end the diet properly as well if you dont then thatys how you gain the weight back after.

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I did it, for a week. I lost 15lbs, gained it back. I couldn't handle the light headiness (sp) no energy, black outs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Diets are a waste of time......

Make a lifestyle change.

It works better. :)
orianaleon
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

the hcg is from pregnancy. 500 calories is low but thats not the only thing your using as energy. the hcg allows your body to us the fat stores in your body which most large people have 1000s of calories of fat in just their thighs, thats how the weight is lost. hcg is used for fertility, it ensures that a fetus gets necessary nutrients. the hcg bought in stores contains little to no hcg. the ones that dont contain hormones for some reason has worked better for people. the one that is prescribed and injected is the most potent form. what you can do is actually do a pregnancy test with the hcg drops and they should show hcg( again for the most potent ones).

orianaleon
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

im sorry to here that they also say that you have to take vitamins and minerals because you also cut the intake of that. unfortunately some people cant do this diet because they get symptoms like yours.thats why they say ask your doctor to see if you can do it.

MEENASTRID
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I have 2 clients in their 50's loose weight on this. Now their hair is falling out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
You will lose weight and gain it back when you are finished. It is not a healthy option, nor is it sustainable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplytrish3834
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done the hcg diet , I gave birth october 17th and I started my 30 day diet november 1st and ended it nov 30.  I also did the pregnancy test on the diet drops to make sure it was real. I did not follow the 500 calorie diet but I did cut out junk food and soda.  I lost 42 lbs and did not gain not 1lb back. you have to make sure you are getting the real drops. the place where I got my drops from was www.everythingdiva.info I also just started wearing a hour glass corset and I must say after a week I see my belly disappearing and my hour glass shape forming I am so excited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN