Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mirena question?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

OK so in January I got the Mirena.  The first few months I was fine, my body was adjusting just fine and everything seemed to go well.

These last 2 months my hormones have been out of whack!  I feel irritable everyday, I feel angry everyday, and I just snap at everyone.  I have never been one to suffer from PMS and if I do it lasts about a day or two.  But now I'm PMSing every single damn day! 

I called my doctor and she said that every one's body adjusts differently.  She said that my raging hormones are probably a sign that I will no longer have a period and that my body is just adjusting to that.  She recommended that I take Hormonal Imbalance vitamins to see if that help.

So my question is, has this ever happened to you?  Have you ever taken Hormonal Imbalance vitamins before?  If you have, how has that made you feel?

South Bay Area Mama's Group

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

why don't they check your hormone levels first? I have mirena and never had that issue. Sorry!

agriff24
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I got the Mirena in April and I hate it I am super irritable snappy bitchy all of the above I want to get it out but am so scared if I do I will get pregnant..... But no I have never taken the Hormonal Imbalance maybe I shoudl try them though!?
mylove415
by Viviana on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My doctor wants to but she can't see me for 3 weeks.  She asked for me to buy all natural hormone vitamins in the mean time and see how my body reacts to that.

Quoting Aslen:

why don't they check your hormone levels first? I have mirena and never had that issue. Sorry!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

google it lots of women have these same problems which is exactly why I told them to take it the fuck out. Only instead of me not having a period I bled constantly for months on end and not just spotting it was horrible not to mention I couldn't have sex because the pain was too bad and the constant cramps and mood swings. Literally within hrs of getting it removed I felt soo much better. Never. Again.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

um, no. There sholuld be no reason why thy can't draw your labs on a walk-n basis. Have you had issues with other forms of hormonal bc?

Quoting mylove415:

My doctor wants to but she can't see me for 3 weeks.  She asked for me to buy all natural hormone vitamins in the mean time and see how my body reacts to that.

Quoting Aslen:

mylove415
by Viviana on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My doctor said I should buy some all natural hormonal vitamins and see how my body adjusts to that.  So I am going after work to buy some.

Quoting agriff24:

I got the Mirena in April and I hate it I am super irritable snappy bitchy all of the above I want to get it out but am so scared if I do I will get pregnant..... But no I have never taken the Hormonal Imbalance maybe I shoudl try them though!?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I had the mirena for ten years. I felt like shit for most of that time. I removed the damn thing almost two months ago and my body still isn't right. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I feel your pain....but not worth taking it out yet for me. Am not ready for another child personally.And I dont have a period with Mirena.Maybe I do for an hour a month.
mylove415
by Viviana on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I am going during my lunch to get blood drawn.  I have never had any issues with any other type of birth control.

Quoting Aslen:

um, no. There sholuld be no reason why thy can't draw your labs on a walk-n basis. Have you had issues with other forms of hormonal bc?

Quoting mylove415:

Quoting Aslen:

nicmain
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I loved my first mirena. After my second child I had it put back in. I tried for 2 1/2 years and finally had it removed (i ended up having to get a hysterectomy anyway). I had hormone issues, I had spotting the entire 2 1/2 yrs. I was told the hormones in the mirena were too low to cause problems but I call bs on that. I never tried the hormone vitamins but my mother in law did and she thought they helped. They say it takes up to a year for your body to fully adjust to the mirena. Good luck :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)