Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was mildly offended by this balloon

We went to the fair last night, and the kids were getting stickers and balloons from all the vendors. Well i didn't pay attention, I was just trying to wrangle my way through the place without losing a kid or a hand. lol So when we got outside I noticed that the balloon had a smiley face, cool. Then I read it... and this is what it said:

I just stared at it with my mouth open for a few minutes. lol. I am very pro-choice..... and this for some reason rubbed me the wrong way. Usually I am THE most happy go lucky, live and let live person. Is it just me or is it borderline rude?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
Regina_Falange
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm telling you, so did I. I just stared for a minute or two with my jaw on the floor. LOL

Quoting tarakay0417:

That did make me gap in disbelief.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
But then things like this happen, parents are busy.amd distracted, don't notice the balloon.

Now they're left possibly having to explain abortion to young children.

Quoting LucyHarper:

They are allowed to express their opinion, don't like their opinion, don't let your child have the balloon, not a big deal.

meparty
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM

DAMN!

ChicMommy06
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Eh I'm not a fan either! But you have to remember as stupid as people may be you will never change their minds lol. Pop the ballon and move on with your day :)
AleaKat
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting CABZS:

I don't find it appropriate to give to kids depending on their age.

They don't understand that stuff.

I would be annoyed by it also.

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

It's not that big of a deal. 

masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I think it's funny! But I can see how it can be offensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
I agree

Quoting LucyHarper:

They are allowed to express their opinion, don't like their opinion, don't let your child have the balloon, not a big deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

LOL

People were outside a Catholic church I passed yesterday, holding signs about abortion and pro-life etc. I'd never seen anything like that outside the Catholic church near my house. They were cheering and all. I don't see how it could do anything to sway someone from being pro-life. If anything, the intolerance would just piss people off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)