Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was mildly offended by this balloon

We went to the fair last night, and the kids were getting stickers and balloons from all the vendors. Well i didn't pay attention, I was just trying to wrangle my way through the place without losing a kid or a hand. lol So when we got outside I noticed that the balloon had a smiley face, cool. Then I read it... and this is what it said:

I just stared at it with my mouth open for a few minutes. lol. I am very pro-choice..... and this for some reason rubbed me the wrong way. Usually I am THE most happy go lucky, live and let live person. Is it just me or is it borderline rude?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

this balloon is awesome! I find it funny, quit living life being offended! Live, Laugh, Love!

jmetz4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I might take it back and say sorry but this isn't the message I want to give my kids. Depending of course on how close the fair is and I'd I could get there kidless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

It's true, though.  Pro choice means that everyone makes their own choice, that person's mom chose to keep the baby.  I'm sure it was being distributed by prolifers, though, so maybe that's what is offensive?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

For me I am not offended, I find it inappropriate.

I believe in freedom of speech so I wouldn't try to shut them down or anything.

However, there is a time & a place.  A fair isn't & handing balloons like this to little children is just not appropriate.

There's a difference between being offended and finding something inappropriate.

Quoting KeepJeep:

I am pro-choice and don't see the big deal. However, it takes a lot to offend me. I am a firm believer in freedom of speech regardless of whether or not I agree with what's being said. As long as that balloon didn't come to life and attack a child I am not bothered in the least.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be annoyed, mostly because I hate when groups/people target children with their personal beliefs and political agendas. That just isn't OK to do IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
incognito116
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LucyHarper:

They are allowed to express their opinion, don't like their opinion, don't let your child have the balloon, not a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I love that balloon!
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Yeah, I'd want to go around and pop all those balloons!

mstkn.identity
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Meh i dont see the big deal. I doubt most kids would understand the meanin behind that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taynhannahsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
I am pro choice. I wouldn't bat an eye lash. I don't give a poop. All that would matter to me is it wasn't my kid carrying that balloon lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured