Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mother is dying UPDATE: I'M GOING!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

UPDATE:  The Dream Foundation has granted my mom's wish! This means they will pay for the majority of the hotel and gas costs. We can finally, finally go without having to worry about how to get home! THANK YOU to all of you!!!! Nearly everyone here was very supportive and I know that all of your prayers, thoughts, and positive energy have helped make this dream come true! I am so thrilled to be able to tell this to everyone! We are leaving Friday night and staying for a week. I will post pictures up as soon as I am home from the trip!!! 

This is not a troll post- note that I am not posting anonymously and I will list all of the web pages I can at the end of this post. Please don't trash me in the comments, I wouldn't be asking here if I wasn't absolutely desperate.

My mother fought and won against breast cancer a few years ago. Recently, though, she learned that it has come back and spread throughout her body. She has stage 4 terminal metastatic breast cancer which has turned her spine to mush, literally. It has also shown up in her brain, a lung, and in other bones. Her prognosis is that she has two to six weeks left to live. She is only 46 years old. Her last wish was to have her family together for Christmas, which hasn't happened since 2001.

I started a web page for her in August to raise donations, but unfortunately I have only managed to raise a small amount. I am begging you all, to please, if you can help in any way, please help me see my mother before she passes away. She has never even met my youngest son, Leo.

I would like to drive to Wisconsin with my children to spend at least two weeks with her. Enterprise has offered a discounted vehicle for $452 total for a two week period, but I don't have enough for this. I also need enough money for gas and a hotel. I know I am asking a lot, and like I said, if I wasn't deperate, I wouldn't. What it comes down to is that I need about $700 at the bare minimum to make this trip.

I don't want to leave any later than the 18th of Oct. since that puts me right at her two week mark. I live in Kentucky so even though it is only a ten hour drive I would have to stop overnight. If anyone here can donate even just a little bit of money I would be so thankful. Every little bit helps and maybe if enough people each donate a little bit then together maybe I will have enough.

If you're still here by now, thank you for reading this. If you can't donate anything, please consider sharing her gofundme page on your facebook to help me share her story. Thank you, everyone.

My donation page for her is www.gofundme.com/momsbucketlist

A support page for her is www.facebook.com/prayersforkelsie

Her personal facebook page is www.facebook.com/reafielden

Dimitri's Rail presents Home For Christmas is http://dimitrisrail.adawan.com/uncategorized/dimitris-rail-presents-home-for-christmas-prayers-for-kelsie/

and my personal facebook page is www.facebook.com/GenevieveDae

UPDATE: I am very very close to my goal- a few things have happened since I originally posted this. First, my husband's work has given him time off to go with me, which means a shorter trip, so less money. We'll be able to go for 9 days, it's less time, but I'll be glad to have his support. Second, we've gotten a couple donations that have helped VERY much- you know who you are and I thank you so very much. Third, I think it is a good possibility that our landlady will let us skip a week on rent (we have to pay weekly since we got behind a while back) which would free up a little more of our own money which would be enough to cover the gas both ways. I'm rambling now, sorry, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your support, and for the prayers and thoughts for our family. Thank you!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
i wish i could. but we're dealing with so's cancer right now. but here s a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tasloley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMom8215
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it 700 total or 700 more to the 305? May I share on FB?

700 total to cover the car, gas, and hotel... The reason her gofundme page goal is 3500 is in order for us to stay until she passes... and yes, please do share on facebook!

method209
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Look into greyhound (bus). You and your kids can go cheaper that way.
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
4 moms liked this
You're not allowed to do this on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

If it doesn't work out flying or driving does your mom have a webcam/computer? How about you? You could skype for free...

I'm very sorry your mom is so ill. I fucking hate cancer.

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Hugs I'm so sorry. I wish I could help
piratehooker
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DCR1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I Wish i could help, but I'm on a serious limited income. but I'm definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers, i understand what its like to be at the point of desperation and your back is against the wall and you find yourself having to do some of the hardest things you've ever done in your life, i hope others who have the resources realises how genuine this is and helps, god be with you and yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)