Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to snap.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am beyond my breaking point. I have had one or both of these kids for 9 months every. single. day. 

and I'm going to snap. SO doesn't care. He thinks Im just a miserable bitch. 

fuck yes im miserable.

i do everything.

i don't clock out.

i don't clock in.

I DON'T GET DAYS OFF.

i need a day off. i love my kids. i don't take them for granted one second of one day. EVER.

but dammit i just need a minute.

my stress level is so high, i'm a mega bitch to SO and it's fucked our relationship up, completely. he just said he's leaving me....

ALL I NEED IS A BREAK! 

some moms can stay home all day with kids and love it and never want a minute.

i'm not one of those moms and there's nothing wrong with that, we all parent differently.

just please... give me advice on how to calm down please.

Oh- and on a side note, I found out today at 9mos pedi appt that he has an umblicial hernia, just like his dad. SO (dad) just got his repaired with mesh a couple months ago.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Is there anyway you can find a babysitter and go to a movie alone or something? Just leave your kids with your SO and go out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Quoting Elyce225:

Is there anyway you can find a babysitter and go to a movie alone or something? Just leave your kids with your SO and go out.

he won't take them, my mom doesn't give a shit. no one gives a shit.. but it seems like every other mom i know even the single ones get days off.

fallnangel3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
They're his kids too. Leave them with him and call a girlfriend to go out to dinner and a movie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
When your dh gets home just walk out and tell him he's watching the kids. He has no choice.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
How old are your kids? Find an older teen in your neighborhood and offer her 20 bucks.

I am a sahm and like to get out once in a while too. It makes me appreciate them again when I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Elyce225:

How old are your kids? Find an older teen in your neighborhood and offer her 20 bucks.

I am a sahm and like to get out once in a while too. It makes me appreciate them again when I do.

9mos and 4

i know. i mean i get "breaks" when they go to bed and SO says that should be enough, but it's just not.

cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Just leave when he's home. Walk out and call him as you're pulling out of the driveway. Turn off the phone and don't come back for a couple of hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Make your husband take care of them for a weekend day. They are his kids too.
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I can definitely relate, My husband works full-time and goes to school full-time, so most days, it's just me and the kids. It is very stressful and sometimes I just want to rip my hair out!

However, there have been times that I've had to go to appt's or grocery shopping, ect and SO has HAD to watch the kids. It made him appreciate what I do so much more. If you can get your SO to keep the kids, by himself, just for a few hours, he would probably realize how stressful it is and give you a much needed break every now and then.

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

exactly. what's he gonna do about it? he helped make them, he needs to help take care of them too

Quoting Anonymous:

When your dh gets home just walk out and tell him he's watching the kids. He has no choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN