Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

700 dollars for a kids birthday????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i never thought i would be spending this much on a freaking birthday! omgosh. our son is turning 5 and we wanted him to have a big party he could invite his class to and this thing is becomming overwhelming!! we already promised the bounce house and i just find out that there is an extra 30 dollar fee to deliver the damn thing because we are a mile out of their free delivery range! well okay! there goes another 30 dollars. dh doesnt care, he said whatever it takes to throw a nice party. i just hate seeing all this money go for one party! i feel like i have cut as many corners as i could and after presents, i will be very surprised if we make it out all together under 1000 because lord knows last minute things will always pop up!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We did the same for my sons 5th bday,he had never had a big party. We rented the bounce house,did really good treat bags and we also had drinks for the adults along with the food and a toy store cake.We wanted it to be fun for everyone.We prob spent a grand easy but it was a once in a while thing and everyone had so much fun.

ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I think that is ridiculously expensive.  We're well-off, but we'd never spend that much.  Hmm, maybe that is why we're well-off. 

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Thats freaking crazy, My luck nobody except family would show up.So all that money spent on a huge party with friends would be a waste

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I'm doing a pool party in a hotel for ds and dd. It's going to cost $50 and my aunts do cakes for me for free. We'll just buy presents for them and put together little bags. I got brand new swimming goggles at dollar general for $0.30 each. Score! And i got some leis at Walmart for $3.50 plus a tablecloth and napkins for $0.50 each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

that's what we've beeen spending on average for dd's bday parties.  everyone has fun, dd loves every second of it so it's worth it to us.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

i spent $500 on my son's party before.

when you don't watch what you are spending, it adds up real quick.

lovinglife0682
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
We spend about that every year. For my daughters 1st birthday we spent $1200.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
I spent $1800 on my DD's 3rd. I told myself never ever again. She just had her 5th bday and we spent about $500
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLah
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Wow This year I spent $250 and thats the most I ever spent. I would never spend that much.

meparty
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

We spent $4.00 a kid at Cicis pizza. 20 kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured