Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

700 dollars for a kids birthday????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i never thought i would be spending this much on a freaking birthday! omgosh. our son is turning 5 and we wanted him to have a big party he could invite his class to and this thing is becomming overwhelming!! we already promised the bounce house and i just find out that there is an extra 30 dollar fee to deliver the damn thing because we are a mile out of their free delivery range! well okay! there goes another 30 dollars. dh doesnt care, he said whatever it takes to throw a nice party. i just hate seeing all this money go for one party! i feel like i have cut as many corners as i could and after presents, i will be very surprised if we make it out all together under 1000 because lord knows last minute things will always pop up!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

the party IS your child's present. But yeah- throwing a kid-party is not cheap. You're right- you'll be lucky to keep it under $1000.

lovinglife0682
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quoting ddhb2007:

I think that is ridiculously expensive.  We're well-off, but we'd never spend that much.  Hmm, maybe that is why we're well-off. 

We live very comfortably and spend that easily. But we never spend what we don't have nor do we use savings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Jesus, we only spent $1500 on our fricken wedding. I think the most we have ever spent on a birthday was $100, not including gifts.

Get a control on your spending. What are you going to do to top it next year? Or the year after? What about when he is 16 and expects a brand new Range Rover? You a raising a child in the shadow of MTV's Sweet Sixteen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

ooo gosh I couldn't imagine spending that much. I think afte decorations and food for a joint party for my son and dd I spent maybe $200 plus there presents so I was under $300 and I thought taht was too much.... good luck I hope it doens't get to much higher!and I hope he has a fun birthday!

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
What did u do for their birthday? ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I spend about a $1000 every year. Its his day and I want it to be special.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

This year for ds's birthday we had it at the bowling lanes. And for the food and bowling for the kids I think it came under $120. Normally we have his party at home but it was worth the $60 extra we spent having it somewhere else just so we didn't have the clean up at home :) And that didn't include his present. I don't think I could spend that on party but hey if you have it and he's going to have a good time, that's great.

stefvan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

That's about what I spend on a sweet 16 - with a rented clubhouse, dj and food.

NicholasMama608
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

You have GOT to be kidding!  That's insane!  What the hell are you going to do when your kid is 16?  Are you going to be the parent that buys their kid a brand new car that year?  $700 is almost a rent payment for me.  I just can't imagine paying that much for a kids birthday party.  Holy crap!

Even with presents I've never spent over $200 for a party and that's everything including a new outfit for DS(family tradition. He gets a new outfit to wear the day of his party), decorations, presents($50-$100 depending on the year), food at the party, goody bags, entertainment for the kids, and paying for us to go out to dinner or lunch on his birthday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

LOL I never spent less than $2000 for a kids party. Everyone loves my party's. No way would I have fun at a party that cost less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)