Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

700 dollars for a kids birthday????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i never thought i would be spending this much on a freaking birthday! omgosh. our son is turning 5 and we wanted him to have a big party he could invite his class to and this thing is becomming overwhelming!! we already promised the bounce house and i just find out that there is an extra 30 dollar fee to deliver the damn thing because we are a mile out of their free delivery range! well okay! there goes another 30 dollars. dh doesnt care, he said whatever it takes to throw a nice party. i just hate seeing all this money go for one party! i feel like i have cut as many corners as i could and after presents, i will be very surprised if we make it out all together under 1000 because lord knows last minute things will always pop up!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Replies (61-62):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

That is a ridiculous amount to spend on a party! I thought it was bad when we spend $200 on a party for my oldest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
All yall seem to have cheap birthdays. A cake and icecream with punch and hotdogs is ovver 100. Plus the bounce house with the fee is 180. Decorations and favor bags and pinata is another 150 . Renting the park out and using electric there is 75. Average in about 200 for gifts. The dsi and some games and another small toy. Seems like we couldnt have left out much. I am opting for like a walmart cake instead of a 150 cake dh wanted lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That is a ridiculous amount to spend on a party! I thought it was bad when we spend $200 on a party for my oldest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)