Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you shop at thrift stores?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went today and got my boys some nice name brand clothes for less than $30. I spent 100$ total (at the buckle & penny's also) and got dh 2 shirts, and a pair of jeans. my oldest 2 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts and my baby a pair of jeans, overalls, sweatpants and a shirt.

I think I got an amazing deal.

eta- my only thrift store buys were a pair of joker brand jeans (with tags) an element shirt (with tags) 2 more longsleeved (old navy) and carters overalls, sweats, and a onsie for baby. It was $23 and some change. 

the rest was brand new but I think it was still a good price for everything.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (181-183):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Shoes and undergarments are the only things I won't buy from a thrift

Quoting MomsJrHaxs:

You betcha, I love thrift stores, my kids are growing so fast I can't keep up. That doesn't mean we don't have clothes from Macys, Dillards, and even Wal-mart. But thrift stores often have stuff you can't find anywhere else.....my dds favorite shirt is from a thrift store. The prices are just too hard to beat with growing kids.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Ok.

Quoting kimmie678:

I find it hard to belive you can get the same deals I buy name brand clothes for likke $2
Quoting Ultra_:

No. For three reasons. 

1. I'm very frugal and can get everything new at stores for almost the same price or better at times.

2. Thrift stores are open when I'm at work only. They're closed when I actually have time to go shopping.

3. My kids all are very small and it's hard enough to find clothes for them at a store with many chains, online stores and many of the same outfits, much less a store that is just one, no online shop and maybe only one or two of one outfit.

jazzgirl205
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM

My grandmother was Mexican.  She was the most elegant, well-bred lady I have ever met (my mother is a close second).  I never heard her speak ill of anyone or treat anyone in a way that was not loving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)