Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I HATE MY JOB!! :( *Warning*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im an OB,Im 32 weeks 3days pregnant.Today,I had to tell my patient that was due just TWO days before me that her baby had no heartbeat! :( it killed me,i had to leave the room..I sat in my office and just bawled my eyes out! She had several miscarriages before this...im heartbroken for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
mamadolce
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM
This made me cry . That poor woman to feel her baby move all these months to have this happen and she still has to deliver it so very sad that these things happen . :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Oh no. How terrible. It's one of those cons when choosing that career. Is it unprofessional to call in a day or so to see how she is doing ? I'm sure she would appreciate it. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Thank you,i love my patients!

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

You sound like a very compassionate Dr. The world needs more of those. Hugs to you.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
hugs. I am so sorry. I am so sorry that you had to tell her that :( and I k ow no one wants to hear it but I know it has to be equally as hard to say it. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I dont understand how someone could be a bitch towards someone who just lost a baby.It breaks my heart every time i have to tell somebody they lost a baby.

Quoting wittyscreenname:

The world needs more of you. 4 years ago, when I had my miscarriage, the ob I saw was a total bitch. Very cold and heartless.

wittyscreenname
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Honestly, that's why I can't be a NICU nurse like I want to...or an ultrasound tech. I just couldn't do that, ya know.....I think a piece of me would die every single time I had to deal with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont understand how someone could be a bitch towards someone who just lost a baby.It breaks my heart every time i have to tell somebody they lost a baby.

Quoting wittyscreenname:

The world needs more of you. 4 years ago, when I had my miscarriage, the ob I saw was a total bitch. Very cold and heartless.

Check out my blog The Mommy Chronicles
Like us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @MomyChronicles

xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM
:( that is so sad i am so sorry for her loss hugs to her. I wish my ob was like you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
badylugs80
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
This hurts my heart!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM
:-( that's awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

that is sad and very hard. i cant imagine. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN