Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I stole in front of my DD today :/

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I went to the doctor's office. While I was waiting with my DD I took a couple finger fulls of those little packet things they keep on the counters. I'm used to the doctor taking 5-10 minutes to actually come in and see you. So when he just randomly came in, he caught me red handed dropping things in my bag. He ask if I was stealing I tried to play it off and lie. He ask were my rash was while he rightfully patronized me. As he wrote my prescription he called me a liar and a thief and said I was being a bad parent, which is all true. I took my DD and rushed out :/

I'm so fucking embarrassed and really just ashamed I stole in front of her. My mom always did that with me when ere we went anyplace that had little packets out. In fact all of my family does it. All I'm doing is being a hypocrite. I punished her for taking things that arn't hers but then I go teach her stealing is okay as long as it's little nick knacks. Yea that's positive reinforcement -.-

Why the hell am I so stupid :/

These packets, I took a couple finger fulls

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Replies (291-300):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I was at a dermatologist if that makes a difference lol

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Why didn't he knock? I have never had a dr not knock before entering.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Just another addition to the rising cost of healthcare. Yes the clinics have to pay for that stuff. I see the invoices every month where I work.
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

why did you steal prep pads?      you can buy those for about a dollar at any store.     and just because your whole family does it   doesn't make it ok.   I would be ashamed

wife_and_mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

hmm odd my doctor always knocks before he enters.. but yeah I would agree I would have said yeah I took them. He may not want you as a patient anymore.. I've worked in doctors offices and dentist offices and I've seen them "fire" their patients... They usually send out a letter saying they will no longer service you (lol like you're a car or something) and good luck in finding a new doc. etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
How about a card of apology (just don't steal the card too)

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I tried, he didn't want then back. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, yeah. That is stealing. I thought you were talking about sample packs - not their supplies.

Why didn't you give them back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM
How about a card of apology (just don't steal the card too)

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I tried, he didn't want then back. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, yeah. That is stealing. I thought you were talking about sample packs - not their supplies.

Why didn't you give them back?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Didn't I say all of that in my op?

Are you reaching for something to be anger over? 

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

why did you steal prep pads?      you can buy those for about a dollar at any store.     and just because your whole family does it   doesn't make it ok.   I would be ashamed

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Meh. I stole a cardboard Camel coaster from a bar a month ago. Had a Jack of hearts on one side, queen on the other. My boyfriend is Jack. I carry it in my purse. ;)
Arib107
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I would be so embarrsed 😱 yikes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

When I worked in a clinic, we bought supplies by the case.  I seriously doubt that anyone would have freaked out about a few alcohol wipes.  (BTW, what's in the blue and white packet?)  We gave some patients supplies (bandages, etc.) if we thought that they needed them.

Your dermatologist sounds like a jerk if he reprimanded you for something like that.  I could understand him being upset if you had stolen actual equipment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured