Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I stole in front of my DD today :/

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I went to the doctor's office. While I was waiting with my DD I took a couple finger fulls of those little packet things they keep on the counters. I'm used to the doctor taking 5-10 minutes to actually come in and see you. So when he just randomly came in, he caught me red handed dropping things in my bag. He ask if I was stealing I tried to play it off and lie. He ask were my rash was while he rightfully patronized me. As he wrote my prescription he called me a liar and a thief and said I was being a bad parent, which is all true. I took my DD and rushed out :/

I'm so fucking embarrassed and really just ashamed I stole in front of her. My mom always did that with me when ere we went anyplace that had little packets out. In fact all of my family does it. All I'm doing is being a hypocrite. I punished her for taking things that arn't hers but then I go teach her stealing is okay as long as it's little nick knacks. Yea that's positive reinforcement -.-

Why the hell am I so stupid :/

These packets, I took a couple finger fulls

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Replies (391-398):
EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

How do you know what she is or who she is? Do you know op personally?

Quoting Anonymous:

She isnt a kleptomaniac. lmao Nice try at attempting to excuse her behavior though!!

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

It's called kleptomania and it's a serious mental disorder. Nothing about being entitled or whatever else you want to think.

"Kleptomania is the irresistible urge to steal items that you generally don't really need and that usually have little value. Kleptomania (klep-toe-MAY-knee-uh) is a serious mental health disorder that can cause much emotional pain to you and your loved ones if not treated.

Kleptomania is a type of impulse control disorder — a disorder in which you can't resist the temptation or drive to perform an act that's harmful to you or someone else.

Many people with kleptomania live lives of secret shame because they're afraid to seek mental health treatment. Although there's no cure for kleptomania, treatment with medication or psychotherapy may be able to help end the cycle of compulsive stealing." http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kleptomania/DS01034

Quoting Anonymous:

Certain...types of people can't resist stealing shit. It's an "entitlement" thing. You wouldn't understand. lol

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Actually you shouldn't be so judgemental. I never said op was a criminal. I was saying that the dr had a rigt to be upset. Can't we see his side of it too? Maybe people take supplies all the time and they were running low. He is not as ass for being upset, maybe overreacted, but who doesn't sometimes?

Quoting jj4ij:

By the way, your name suits you well. You shouldn't be so judge mental.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is kind of an odd reply. When you go to the doctors office they are getting PAID for you to be there. She didn't take there medical equipment it was some alcohol pads for Christs sake. What are they for? The patients, which she was. Maybe it is not right to take them by the handful, but it also is not wrong. Just to set the record straight, I happened to have a doctors appt. today and asked my doctor what he thought about that. His response was that he would rather see his patience have these items if needed than not. He personally did not see nothing wrong with takin a "personal" amount, not In excess. So therefore I stand by what I said that the doctor was wrong for calling her out to the extent that he did. He could have just simply stated that they were not to be taken and left it at that. She somehow paid to be there and really the .60 cents worth of alcohol pads, or whatever it was she took did not warrant him to degrade her the way he did. At least she has a conscience as it shows here. She is no criminal, she is just someone who wants to kill germs and my doctor would rather encourage that. When I left he came in with a small bag filled with gauze, alchol prep pads and little packets of triple antibiotic ointment. So there.....

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Can I come to your work and steal supplies? 

Quoting jj4ij:

OMG....  I have done that and everytime I have gone to the doctors with anyone else wether they were accompanying me or me them, I have seen many others do it too.  Christ, your doc is an ass to call you out like that in front of your daughter, your bill pays for the supplies, he sure as hell doesn't.  It is one thing for him to say something, but another to make you look like an ass in front of your child.  He is an ass too. And as far as I am concerned, you pay for those packets to be in his office.  So therefore, as long as you don't go overboard, it is ok to take a few. 

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Those wipes and ointment packets are not free handouts they are in there for the Dr. and Nurse to use.  You should have put them back and apologized to the Dr. or Nurse instead of running away like a coward!

cmorden06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM
You learned from your mom so end the cycle NOW so your daughter has a chance
robsgurl_23
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The only thing I have taken is 2 of the gloves cause my kids like to blow them up and draw on them. My kids have even asked the doctors if they could have one and the doctors have never minded the kids each having a glove and I have even had a few that actually blew up a gloves for my kids and drew a face on it.

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

wow why would you wanna take it? I am surprised that the Doctor mentioned it and called you all that! But maybe this stuff gets stolen a lot? You know it still cost money to them to get it. So stealing is stealing but I guess you learned you lesson and wont be doing it again!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM
He didn't want them back. I DID try.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those wipes and ointment packets are not free handouts they are in there for the Dr. and Nurse to use.  You should have put them back and apologized to the Dr. or Nurse instead of running away like a coward!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sewsofun
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM
What do you even need those for? Its sad that you were only embarrassed AFTER you got caught. If you had a rash and you needed some alcohol wipes you could have just asked for god sakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)