Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I stole in front of my DD today :/

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I went to the doctor's office. While I was waiting with my DD I took a couple finger fulls of those little packet things they keep on the counters. I'm used to the doctor taking 5-10 minutes to actually come in and see you. So when he just randomly came in, he caught me red handed dropping things in my bag. He ask if I was stealing I tried to play it off and lie. He ask were my rash was while he rightfully patronized me. As he wrote my prescription he called me a liar and a thief and said I was being a bad parent, which is all true. I took my DD and rushed out :/

I'm so fucking embarrassed and really just ashamed I stole in front of her. My mom always did that with me when ere we went anyplace that had little packets out. In fact all of my family does it. All I'm doing is being a hypocrite. I punished her for taking things that arn't hers but then I go teach her stealing is okay as long as it's little nick knacks. Yea that's positive reinforcement -.-

Why the hell am I so stupid :/

These packets, I took a couple finger fulls

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Replies (371-380):
xXxLillithxXx
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I don't get it. I woulda just said yes. To me that's not really embarrassing. It's a friggen alcohol pad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Oh jeez little alcohol wipes? Who the hell cares? That doc was an asshole. If I were the doc, I would assume you really need them and would look away, embarassed for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM
No biggie. Alcohol wipes. Cheap as dirt. But I highly respect you for using your real screen name :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Nah. The pedi owns the clinic and she doesn't mind. The office manager is the one who orders the supplies which is why she'd probably be pissed.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

oh yikes! Aren't you worried you could get them in trouble?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well technically it is still stealing. I'm sure the office manager would be pissed. But the nurses and pedi don't give a damn. Lol. I'm in an ittg bitty town and live right next door to the clinic.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

If they know it's not stealing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I steal those too. And a purse full of gloves for when I clean the cat box. Lmao. Nobody at my pedi office cares.

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I take gloves.
I sometimes take one or two alcohol swabs too, you know, cause those are super handy lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Why????? do you need these things

HeathersForever
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM
lol my Grandma passed in 2001 but to this day there are a bunch of mismatched glasses and whatnot in my Grandpa's cupboard and my older sisters said they are from a variety of restuarants. Lol. I was pretty little when I used to eat out with her so I never paid much attention, but now I think its hilarious.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Mine too, once we went to an Italian restaurant, and she swas like "That's a beautiful gravy boat." My mom said "Don't even think about it." LOL

Quoting HeathersForever:

Lol you wanna hear something worse? My grandma used to say that, but she would steal things like silverwear and glasses too. She would say, "what? They have more..." lol I never picked up her habit.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I really don't need them. I just grew up taking little small crap like that when it's left out. Splenda, mints, those things, ect. Like I said everyone in my family does it, just cause it's there and easy to grab. That's an unfortunate habit I've picked up and desperately in the need of breaking 

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus, alcohol wipes are like a dollar a box... go to walmart and buy some if you need em, sheesh... and what's the blue package, some sor tof ointment? A and D ointment is like a buck too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM
That is kind of an odd reply. When you go to the doctors office they are getting PAID for you to be there. She didn't take there medical equipment it was some alcohol pads for Christs sake. What are they for? The patients, which she was. Maybe it is not right to take them by the handful, but it also is not wrong. Just to set the record straight, I happened to have a doctors appt. today and asked my doctor what he thought about that. His response was that he would rather see his patience have these items if needed than not. He personally did not see nothing wrong with takin a "personal" amount, not In excess. So therefore I stand by what I said that the doctor was wrong for calling her out to the extent that he did. He could have just simply stated that they were not to be taken and left it at that. She somehow paid to be there and really the .60 cents worth of alcohol pads, or whatever it was she took did not warrant him to degrade her the way he did. At least she has a conscience as it shows here. She is no criminal, she is just someone who wants to kill germs and my doctor would rather encourage that. When I left he came in with a small bag filled with gauze, alchol prep pads and little packets of triple antibiotic ointment. So there.....

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Can I come to your work and steal supplies? 

Quoting jj4ij:

OMG....  I have done that and everytime I have gone to the doctors with anyone else wether they were accompanying me or me them, I have seen many others do it too.  Christ, your doc is an ass to call you out like that in front of your daughter, your bill pays for the supplies, he sure as hell doesn't.  It is one thing for him to say something, but another to make you look like an ass in front of your child.  He is an ass too. And as far as I am concerned, you pay for those packets to be in his office.  So therefore, as long as you don't go overboard, it is ok to take a few. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM
By the way, your name suits you well. You shouldn't be so judge mental.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is kind of an odd reply. When you go to the doctors office they are getting PAID for you to be there. She didn't take there medical equipment it was some alcohol pads for Christs sake. What are they for? The patients, which she was. Maybe it is not right to take them by the handful, but it also is not wrong. Just to set the record straight, I happened to have a doctors appt. today and asked my doctor what he thought about that. His response was that he would rather see his patience have these items if needed than not. He personally did not see nothing wrong with takin a "personal" amount, not In excess. So therefore I stand by what I said that the doctor was wrong for calling her out to the extent that he did. He could have just simply stated that they were not to be taken and left it at that. She somehow paid to be there and really the .60 cents worth of alcohol pads, or whatever it was she took did not warrant him to degrade her the way he did. At least she has a conscience as it shows here. She is no criminal, she is just someone who wants to kill germs and my doctor would rather encourage that. When I left he came in with a small bag filled with gauze, alchol prep pads and little packets of triple antibiotic ointment. So there.....

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Can I come to your work and steal supplies? 

Quoting jj4ij:

OMG....  I have done that and everytime I have gone to the doctors with anyone else wether they were accompanying me or me them, I have seen many others do it too.  Christ, your doc is an ass to call you out like that in front of your daughter, your bill pays for the supplies, he sure as hell doesn't.  It is one thing for him to say something, but another to make you look like an ass in front of your child.  He is an ass too. And as far as I am concerned, you pay for those packets to be in his office.  So therefore, as long as you don't go overboard, it is ok to take a few. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Do you really even need those? Did you give them back when you got caught?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)