Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy Freaking Hot Flashes, Batman!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Anyone else under 35 years old having HOOOOT flashes? I mean like rolling sweat (when I normally don't sweat at all), feel like I'm gonna pass out and my skin is burning off kind of heat??? I am 31 and this seems so weird for my age!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vixen42
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

nope I am in my middle 40's and have had them,you seem a little young to me to be having them.Have you seen a doctor?

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I only had them when I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

haver you had your thyroid checked?

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I had hot flashes while pregnant and even cold flashes.I suggest taking a test and if it's negative make a appointment with your doctor to runs some blood test.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yes, I have seen a doctor several times since these started about last year- they've just gotten really bad the last few weeks. Not always just for this issue, though. I just mentioned it to him and he said I was kind of too young to be having hot flashes.

Quoting vixen42:

nope I am in my middle 40's and have had them,you seem a little young to me to be having them.Have you seen a doctor?

mylove415
by Viviana on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I had one when I was pregnant

South Bay Area Mama's Group

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

About 75 times...literally. The last time was about 3 months ago. I also had my pituitary gland checked then and the results came back normal for that.

Quoting Aslen:

haver you had your thyroid checked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I am pregnant so I don't think I count but I could die right now and it's 60 degrees out normally I would be covered up in at least 3 layers shivering my ass off but I am sooo freaking hot. Can't wait to get home and strip down and maybe crawl into the freezer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

No chance of pregnancy what-so-ever so I know it's not that. Plus I've been getting them for about a year- just more intense the last couple of weeks.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

I had hot flashes while pregnant and even cold flashes.I suggest taking a test and if it's negative make a appointment with your doctor to runs some blood test.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

LOL! Sorry, I don't mean to be laughing at you but the thought of a lady with a baby belly crawling into a freezer is funny and cute!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pregnant so I don't think I count but I could die right now and it's 60 degrees out normally I would be covered up in at least 3 layers shivering my ass off but I am sooo freaking hot. Can't wait to get home and strip down and maybe crawl into the freezer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)