Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal for 6 days post partum?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just delivered my first child and now my hormones are going insane. I have cried multiple times the past few days, anything my husband says will set off some major water works.. Earlier I asked him to turn the tv down and he snapped at me about how he's deaf and I started bawling my eyes out, then he complained about the tv show I had on and I started crying again.

On the first day home from the hospital I was laying in bed with the sleeping baby and hubby went downstairs for a second, when he came back upstairs he found me crying (happy tears to have her home) and he instantly panicked and said "what's wrong!? What did you do?? Is she ok???" It really hurt me, like he was insinuating I had somehow hurt her :-/ I already am terrified of not being a good enough mom and literally the first day home he looked at me like he thought the same ... I know he's a nervous first time dad as well but his response was really uncalled for and really hurt my heart .. I thought he had complete faith in my parenting abilities but apparently not .. He's even been saying things like "shouldn't you wake her and feed her??? You need to feed her." Does he think I'd just let her starve if it wasn't for him??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal. Also, don't be surprised if you find yourself wanting to hit him with something.

My advice would be to tell him when he is acting like a jerk. When he makes these comments, say something like, "It really hurts me when you say things like that, and it makes me feel like we are not a parenting team."

catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Totally normal.  If it continues long term then worry.  Congratulations on the new baby.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Also, If it makes you feel better, at three days PP, I made a huge scene by bursting into tears in Target, because the third store I went to looking for something was sold out as well. My four year old asked my husband if they had broken me.

April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting catrig:

Totally normal.  If it continues long term then worry.  Congratulations on the new baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Normal. He needs to shut up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Normal .. also I was always told "never wake a sleeping baby."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM

LOL Completely normal! 

Congratulations! The hormone crash will fade away soon and if it doesn't within the first month then talk to your Dr but you sound pretty normal. :)

April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Yep, same here, it's like he thinks she needs to be on my boob 24/7 lol

Quoting Mazie0723:

Normal .. also I was always told "never wake a sleeping baby."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Totally normal! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prncesspeach
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Absolutely. Ive cried a few times myself over nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)