Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need cute ideas on how to announce my pregnancy on FB!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Any cute ideas? Last time I had my status as, "I have the Egyptian flu!"

I want a photo idea this time. Any good ones out there?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My DH's cousin just posted the cutest picture of him and his wife 'reading' "What to expect when you're expecting" with the caption "Just wanted to share our new favorite book!"  Photography wise, the book was opened and focused on, with them holding it, huge smiles on their faces.  Their uber cute dog was also in the pic.  :)

Or, you can go the Jessica Simpson route and dress up like a mummy.  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Someone announced theirs recently with a pic. Dad had a small note that said we are and mom had a jar of Preggo sauce right next to it.. They were slightly blurred so focus was mainly on note... It was cute!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
She dressed up like a mummy? Interesting. This being Halloween time, I am not sure people would get it if I did that, lol

Quoting 081499:

My DH's cousin just posted the cutest picture of him and his wife 'reading' "What to expect when you're expecting" with the caption "Just wanted to share our new favorite book!"  Photography wise, the book was opened and focused on, with them holding it, huge smiles on their faces.  Their uber cute dog was also in the pic.  :)

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
With our 2nd we said "Our house will be expanding by two feet in April 2012"

With our 3rd I didn't announce until we found out the gender, so I uploaded an u/s photo and said that we were welcoming our 3rd little boy to our family.

Nothing incredibly witty and clever, but cute and more surprising than "I'm pregnant!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idareyou
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Some that my friends have posted in recent months:

Dad's into motorcycles and mom likes to ride along, having first baby, posed by their bike with a "baby on board" sign between them. Same couple also did the feet/shoes pose (his feet/shoes, her feet/shoes, empty baby shoes)

Mom standing by a speed bump sign - except it only had the word bump on it, with an arrow - she stood so the arrow was pointing to her belly.

Picture of jar of Prego spaghetti sauce as profile pic

Mom having her 3rd - one child standing on each side of her holding the u/s pic over her belly

U/s pic just randomly posted

They babygaga app (or something like that) that posts every week how far along you are

And the most recent just had a status, something like "last year we kept the furnace at 50 degrees and bundled up, this winter I have my own personal furnace to help keep me warm".

Brittanyk3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

you dont have to have the shoes on the kids. i would line up all the shoes (on an angle) and take the pic :)
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Yeah.  Could be fun, if done right...and if you're showing.  I think her's in a bit Hollywood.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

She dressed up like a mummy? Interesting. This being Halloween time, I am not sure people would get it if I did that, lol

Quoting 081499:

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Maybe do a photo progression with your kid/kids holding signs that are lines to a simple poem?

Photo 1: We thought our house was already full,

Photo 2: But us kids didn't have a say.

Photo 3: (pic with kids making grumpy faces) Sharing toys is going to be a load of bull

Photo 4: A baby's on the way!

I am not good at poems but you get the idea haha.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Yeah, a bit over the top for my taste. I do like the lace. Maybe I should do that grotesque baby belly, the ones with the arms coming out of the belly, lol.

Quoting 081499:

Yeah.  Could be fun, if done right...and if you're showing.  I think her's in a bit Hollywood.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 081499:

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)