Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So excited but need some help...plz!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

So on Wednesday, I am going with DH on his business trip. So excited, because it's been a while since I went on one of his trips. :) My problem is, is I'm going to be bored while he's away at his conferences and I was going to go to the book store tomorrow to pick out a few books to read  but I don't know what to get. =/

I have read tons of books but I want something I have never read before. I like all kinds except for sci fi. Preferably romance. Do y'all know of any? Please help a girl out. I need a good book to occupy my time while DH is a way for a few hours.

Thank you all in advanced! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Violets.Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I am reading white oleander....it is really good. At least i think so and should be a quick read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Have you ever read anything from Ann Tyler?  Her books are awesome--quirky characters, great story-telling, pure and simple.  You get so emotionally invested in the characters!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Where are you going? Wouldn't you want to sightsee rather than sit in the hotel room, reading a book? All I can say is DON'T buy Fifty Shades of Gray. Those books were dreadful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, or any of her books are fun reads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Queen of the Big Time

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Oh I love this post. We will be going with my wife for 4 days to Rhode Island for her business trip next month, I'm gonna need some books too.
ChristinaR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM

50 shades, that will keep you entertained. LOL

FL2AK
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything by Janet Evanovich is fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ndirishchic06
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Pretty Little Liars series. There's 8 books total but its really good, I'm currently reading the series for the 3rd time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM

i heard 50 shades of grey was good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured