Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scariest moment ever... thus far.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

So let me just describe my property so you kind of understand this better.  I live on 2 acres of forested land.  The house is situated in the middle and we have one yard that is natural with a fire pit and we throw up a tent out there sometimes, the other side is landscaped and has our garden plots on it.  The kids aren't supposed to go on that side because we dont want them trampling our garden when we have one up.  we call it the forbidden yard.

Anyway last night DH and I decided to have a date night and sleep in the tent just the two of us.  My dad, who lives with us, stayed inside with the kids.  Around midnight I was sitting by the fire just chilling (literally, it was frigging cold last night) and I heard what I thought was my 22 month old saying "mom" over and over.  I though my kid had gotten out somehow and I couldn't logically figure out how (we had the whole place locked up tight.  Every door has a normal lock plus a baby lock at the way top) so DH and I got up to start looking for him.  As we were making our way back up to the house We kept hearing what sounded like "mom" and it sounded like it was in the "forbidden" yard aaaaallll the way at the other end where the natural forest starts back up.  I started shaking, half terrified and racking my brain trying to remember my county's search and rescue number.  I sent Dh to go searching in the pitch black where the noise was coming from and I ran inside to grab a phone and call 911.  At some point I realized that I should probably check his bed before I alert the authorities, and I found him safe and sound in his own little bed.  crisis averted... THANK GOD!!!  DH got inside and let me know that it wasn't our son he found, it was a deer who had found our apple tree.  I guess it was letting the other deer know, and I guess my son sounds like a deer.  

*facepalm*

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Awe. I would have done the same thing. Deer have strange calls. But they are good eating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

lol glad hes ok toddlers can be tricky

Darlinge1211
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Aw I'm glad he's okay though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Well at least your ds is ok. Did you guys finish the date?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

and deer, apparently.  lol  im so glad to.  if I ever forgot how much i love my son, its moments like that when I am reminded!

Quoting mariesmama:

lol glad hes ok toddlers can be tricky

manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting marinesweetie:

Awe. I would have done the same thing. Deer have strange calls. But they are good eating

deer jerky? 

YYUUUUMMMM!

manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting AF2011:

Well at least your ds is ok. Did you guys finish the date?

yea, we did.  nothing like forced snuggling cuz it so fucking COLD!  :)

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Mmmm...
And deer chili... And deer tacos... And spaghetti w/deer meat... Mmmm

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

Quoting marinesweetie:

deer jerky? 

YYUUUUMMMM!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Omg I would have freaked too! Good thing it was just a deer and your little one was safely tucked in bed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

OMgosh I know.  I was sooooo freaking scared.  that whole 5 minutes felt like a life time.  we have no street lights around here, and its the forest so it was suuuper dark.  there would have really been no way to see him if it had been him.  I'm almost tempted to buy on of those camera baby monitors so I don't have to get freaked out like that ever again!

Quoting ShesALady:

Omg I would have freaked too! Good thing it was just a deer and your little one was safely tucked in bed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN