Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dealing with ADD. (Please help if you know)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
As a child and teen I was diagnosed with ADD, for awhile I took mediations that really helped me, then at 17 my parents joined a new religion that did not believe in taking any medications so they stopped mine. I have delt with my ADD as best as I can, when I wasn't working it wasn't a big deal, now that I have a job it is seriously ruining me! I can't get anything done at work, especially not on time, I can't focus, and as a baker who has to follow very specific recipes, that's not working out.i try to do everything at once, if I start one job, then I find myself somehow getting stuff for another one and its like a Never ending circle. I also have to reread my recipes over and over am scattered and all over the place. Does anyone know what kind of doctor I see about this? Can I go to y family practitioner? Please help :( I am very tired of feeling this way, and terrified I will lose my job because of the sideeffects of my add. I want to get retested and if I am still ADD and that's what's causing me to be so all over the place then I want to fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fallnangel3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
When you get to work write a list. Force yourself to not move to the next thing till you can cross off the one before it. Also drink coffee, black.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Thanks girl. I've noticed that coffee makes me sleepy but does help me focus. Do you know what doctor one typically goes to talk about this? A mental one or a normal one? I am so embarrassed that I have put it off for so long, and admitting that I have a real problem is hard for me. At home I was on my own time and so everything eventually got done, granted I tried to clean every room in the house at the same time but it got done. My boss took me aside today and said I needed to start being neater and faster and focus. I explained that I was trying my hardest.

Quoting fallnangel3:

When you get to work write a list. Force yourself to not move to the next thing till you can cross off the one before it. Also drink coffee, black.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Go see a family dr....that's what my son sees once a month and he gets mess for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
As for dr, no clue. My mom refused to medicate any of us for adhd or add so for 30+ years all of us have delt with it and just learned to deal

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Thanks girl. I've noticed that coffee makes me sleepy but does help me focus. Do you know what doctor one typically goes to talk about this? A mental one or a normal one? I am so embarrassed that I have put it off for so long, and admitting that I have a real problem is hard for me. At home I was on my own time and so everything eventually got done, granted I tried to clean every room in the house at the same time but it got done. My boss took me aside today and said I needed to start being neater and faster and focus. I explained that I was trying my hardest.

Quoting fallnangel3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Thank you, I will make an appointment and see what the docs say to do.

Quoting lilbit04:

Go see a family dr....that's what my son sees once a month and he gets mess for it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN