Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bad mom!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Im so stressed out and tired. The slightest things bug me. I love my dd but i dont know what to do. At the end of every day im sore, exhausted, have a killer headache & a dd who wont sleep without me right next to her. I wake up to her kicking me. I cant sleep, eat or go to the bathroom in peace. And i know i signed up for this when i had her but im going insane. My parents try to spoil her every minute of the day. Giving her soda, ice cream, and frosting. I say not to and my mom makes me out to be the bad guy. My dd is 5 months old. I cant stand this anymore. Im not sure what to do...advice anyone?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

She's 5 months old, being fed soda, ice cream, and frosting, and you can't even go to the bathroom in peace.  Yes, of course. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Soda, iced cream and frosting to a 5 month old? Yikes.

bakerytreatz16
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM
My mom does this to me to and gets mad when I say no, but she doesn't need the sugar and caffeine. Have you tried white noise (vacuum or videos on YouTube, just type in white noise and they have video that last hours). My daughter refused to sleep without me. I started putting her in her bouncy seat it swing right next to my bed and playing white noise so she'd sleep at night and during the day at nap time I play it and stay in her sight until shes asleep, then get my cleaning and showering down while she's out like a light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Yeah, she shouldn't be having that at 5 months! I'd be more worried about your parents and what they're going to feed that baby next!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
5 months? My 5 year old doesn't even get that stuff! I sleep with my 4 month old, though, by choice.
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Lay your foot down with your parents. Big girl panty time sorry. My ex MIL was the same way and we lived with her for two months when my son was a baby and she was making my life a nightmare.  She once gave my son 3 brownies for breakfast when he wasn't even one yet! It's your only option well minus just losing your mind...?

singlemom1208
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Do you mean 5 years old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Quoting acrogodess:

Soda, iced cream and frosting to a 5 month old? Yikes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM
No i mean 5 months.

Quoting singlemom1208:

Do you mean 5 years old?
jessr1204
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
She's 5 months old, she is old enough to get on a schedule. Let her cry it out without you, within a week, she will be re-trained. The junk food needs to stop, but start with something you can control, where she sleeps. You will be happier, and so will she. It will be harder on you, than her. It gets harder as they get older, so do it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)