Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had the mirena...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
...and had horrible side effects, when did it all start?

I got mine in April (6 months) and so far I love it but I keep seeing horror stories on here about it.

So please share :) Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

i got mine on sept 20th so i haven't had it long enough to have any side effects yet. i'm curious to know too.

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
After about a year. Then it got progesively worse. I had it removed after 2 years. It's been 5 months and I am starting to feel like myself again.
My body does not like hormonal birth control. I was hoping it would be different because it is supposed to work locally but it was just as bad as the pill imo. Plus the weight gain was worse.
I hope you have better luck than I did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I got mine this past January. The first couple months sucked, but I love it now. No problems! (knock on wood)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha_1629
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM
About 3 months in was when everything started getting bad. I only kept that evil thing for 11 months. For some it works great. But for the majority of women it doesn't. If its working for you then consider yourself lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djscinnabun
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I had it for two and a half years or so - never really had a problem with it but needed something more to treat my PCOS besides just birth control - my ex bf complained he could feel it but... lol. no. lol
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Right away, if yours is giving you problems do not wait go to the DR. I ignored it and it messed up my uterus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM
The pain and bleeding was right away and lasted the whole time the rest started when I got my first period and was non stop after that ugh it sucked
Ericha7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

i love mine, i have to get it changed in March 2013. I've had it for 3 or 4 years not sure. pretty happy with it and no horrible side effects. I plan to get another

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I had it for a year. It hadn't given me problems But two of my closest friends had it and ended up with cysts. One with PID. The other has now had a full hysterectomy. I had it removed 4 years ago and haven't been able to get pregnant. But i don't know if that has anything to do with it.
-42-
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I'm on my second one....never had an issue with either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)