Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well I don't want my child going to school with a VACCINATED child!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
6 moms liked this

do your research - even the CDC says that vaccinated kids cause risk and can infect others. why would you shoot your kid up with a VIRUS? vaccines kill. mercury, Aluminum and formaldehyde. FUCK THAT! i'm not putting poising in my childs  body. if you want to poison your kids good for you but leave my poor baby alone! I might homeschool just because it makes me uncomfortable that children are shot up with viruses and then go to school to play with all the other children with the disease in their veins.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bakerytreatz16
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
3 moms liked this
My brother got a chicken pox vaccination last year, a week layer my youngest brother who had never got the chicken pix suddenly them. The doctors said putting the small amount into one persons system to fight them off can cause people around them frequently to get what they were vaccinated for. I think it really should be choice. You shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated in order to go to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
23 moms liked this

Vaccines kill?

Can you tell me how many children in the developed world died due to (directly caused by) vaccines?  

How about this, not vaxing your kid has more than just death as a consequence.

http://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/vaccine_safety/harm.htm

Medical Implications of Not Getting Vaccinated

The threat of death by disease isn't the only medical consequence of skipping vaccinations. An unvaccinated child faces lifelong differences that could potentially put him or her at risk. Every time you call 911, ride in an ambulance, go to the doctor or visit the hospital emergency room, you must alert medical personnel of your child's vaccination status so he or she receives distinctive treatment. Because unvaccinated children can require treatment that is out of the ordinary, medical staff may be less familiar, and less experienced, with the procedures required to appropriately treat your child.

Women who are pregnant but not vaccinated can be vulnerable to diseases that may complicate their pregnancy. A pregnant woman who contracts rubella in the first trimester may have a baby with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), which can cause heart defects, developmental delays and deafness.

People who choose not to vaccinate their children also put others at risk if their child isn't vaccinated and becomes ill. Special groups of people cannot be vaccinated, including those with compromised immune systems (e.g. those with leukemia or other cancers). These people rely on the general public being vaccinated so their risk of exposure is reduced.

Social Implications of Not Getting Vaccinated

There are also social implications of not vaccinating your child -- from exclusion to quarantine. If sick or exposed to disease, your child may need to be isolated from others, including family. If there is an outbreak in your community, you may be asked to take your child out of school and other organized activities, causing your child to miss school and special events. Your child's illness or inability to go about their daily activities also may impact your work and household income. For more information on vaccination requirements for schools in the state of New York, see New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance (PDF, 71KB, 2pg.).

Importance of Receiving An Annual Flu Vaccine

Everyone 6 months and older should get a seasonal flu vaccine every year. It's important to reiterate that every year the flu remains a threat, and every year children still die as a result of having the flu. One of those children was Joseph Marotta. At 5 years old, Joseph contracted the flu. Less than 10 days after contracting the flu, Joseph died. His parents, along with other members of Families Fighting Flu (familiesfightingflu.org) , are strong advocates for annual flu vaccines and encourage all families to get vaccinated. It's important that everyone 6 months and older receives an annual flu vaccine. Every year a flu vaccine is skipped, your child is at risk.

Do what you want with you kid but don't call ME out because I choose to be safe.  Do you know how many children died before vaccines were created?  How many epidemics there were?  All but gone now thanks to vaccines.

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
34 moms liked this
Well if you want to make a valid argument, at least sound the least bit fucking intelligent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
11 moms liked this

Then keep your kids at home and in a bubble, because they won't be safe anywhere. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Aluminum and formaldehyde.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

a child in my family died from a vaccine

Quoting blues_pagan:

Vaccines kill?

Can you tell me how many children in the developed world died due to (directly caused by) vaccines?  

How about this, not vaxing your kid has more than just death as a consequence.

http://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/vaccine_safety/harm.htm

Medical Implications of Not Getting Vaccinated

The threat of death by disease isn't the only medical consequence of skipping vaccinations. An unvaccinated child faces lifelong differences that could potentially put him or her at risk. Every time you call 911, ride in an ambulance, go to the doctor or visit the hospital emergency room, you must alert medical personnel of your child's vaccination status so he or she receives distinctive treatment. Because unvaccinated children can require treatment that is out of the ordinary, medical staff may be less familiar, and less experienced, with the procedures required to appropriately treat your child.

Women who are pregnant but not vaccinated can be vulnerable to diseases that may complicate their pregnancy. A pregnant woman who contracts rubella in the first trimester may have a baby with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), which can cause heart defects, developmental delays and deafness.

People who choose not to vaccinate their children also put others at risk if their child isn't vaccinated and becomes ill. Special groups of people cannot be vaccinated, including those with compromised immune systems (e.g. those with leukemia or other cancers). These people rely on the general public being vaccinated so their risk of exposure is reduced.

Social Implications of Not Getting Vaccinated

There are also social implications of not vaccinating your child -- from exclusion to quarantine. If sick or exposed to disease, your child may need to be isolated from others, including family. If there is an outbreak in your community, you may be asked to take your child out of school and other organized activities, causing your child to miss school and special events. Your child's illness or inability to go about their daily activities also may impact your work and household income. For more information on vaccination requirements for schools in the state of New York, see New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance (PDF, 71KB, 2pg.).

Importance of Receiving An Annual Flu Vaccine

Everyone 6 months and older should get a seasonal flu vaccine every year. It's important to reiterate that every year the flu remains a threat, and every year children still die as a result of having the flu. One of those children was Joseph Marotta. At 5 years old, Joseph contracted the flu. Less than 10 days after contracting the flu, Joseph died. His parents, along with other members of Families Fighting Flu (familiesfightingflu.org) , are strong advocates for annual flu vaccines and encourage all families to get vaccinated. It's important that everyone 6 months and older receives an annual flu vaccine. Every year a flu vaccine is skipped, your child is at risk.

Do what you want with you kid but don't call ME out because I choose to be safe.  Do you know how many children died before vaccines were created?  How many epidemics there were?  All but gone now thanks to vaccines.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

how fucking stupid

AmandaMaeBell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
18 moms liked this

Oh that reminds me, I have to call tomorrow to get my girls their appointment for a check up and their vaccine shots.  Thanks :)

Rileyscute
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
5 moms liked this

I am completely confident that vax did my children more good than harm..I have done my research, find the un-vax argument bunk, and it puts many at risk, even herd immunity..because it lessens the less people vax..

and that's about it..carry on

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
7 moms liked this

Ummm newsflash. Vaccinated children get sick too. Whooping cough is an awesome example. IMO the diseases are mutating. We are causing ourselves a worse problem in the future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)