Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who do you know

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Fun post, who do you know who is famous?  Who have you only met (we'll say spent under an hour with) and who do you know (we'll say spent more than an hour with?

At the church I grew up in, our worship leader was the guy who created the songs for Hanna Barbera, Ted Nichols.  Also, I graduated with (and had several classes throughout highschool with) Marti Malloy, US Olympic Judo bronz medalist.  Also had a class with her little brother, Zane, and my husband knew her big brother who recently passed.  And our church had a women's tea at which Johny Cahs's great niece sang and spoke.  Musc is definitely in the family in their case!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Triple H? A pro wrestler. I don't even watch WWE and know HHH, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Traceyssel:

I met HHH for 10sec

Might be a dumb question, but who is HHH?

angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I cooked dinner for Chad Brock, Clay Walker, Brad Paisley and Shelly Wright many years ago. I took it to them and had dinner on the bus with them. My cousin worked for Chad.

I have met the Oak Ridge Boys. Dwayne did my cousins funeral. All of them were very supportive of my cousin when he was so sick before he passed away. He was their road manager before he got sick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Met, Phil Joel who's the lead singer of a popular christian rock band. Know the ex CEO f Word Records and ex bassist f DC Talk. I've met others. Most famous I've ever seen was Keith urban and nicole kidman.
jessistarr85
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

In 2007 I worked at Safeco field. so at one point or another during the season I met most of the Mariners. Usually at the end of the night when I was trying to leave they would pose for pics and I usually ended up in them ( they don't just let you walk past if they are all ready taking pics, you either have to wait for them to Finnish and go past with out a fuss or walk through and get pulled into the pic)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Quoting angie729:

I cooked dinner for Chad Brock, Clay Walker, Brad Paisley and Shelly Wright many years ago. I took it to them and had dinner on the bus with them. My cousin worked for Chad.

I have met the Oak Ridge Boys. Dwayne did my cousins funeral. All of them were very supportive of my cousin when he was so sick before he passed away. He was their road manager before he got sick.

my doula was the dd of the Oak ridge Boy who passed away. :-)
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Nick Cannon (don't know if I spelled his name right) graduated from my high school in the mid 90s. I attended from 01-05. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I met and know waay too many too list. I know I'd forget some. 

kourtneya
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Never met anyone famous.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

They are awesome people. After Katrina they loaded a truck up with supplies and had my cousin drive it down there to our family. They have helped our family a lot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angie729:

my doula was the dd of the Oak ridge Boy who passed away. :-)

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
The only thing close that I can think of is my MIL's best friend is the mother of now retired NFL player Bruce Clark (he played for the Saint's) I met him once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)