Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't claim his last name on Facebook...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

... if your ass isn't married!!

This annoys the shit out of me. I have three friends on Facebook (people that I know personally - two family members and one old friend) who have their boyfriend's last name listed as their on.

Don't play wifey if you aren't married. And if you don't feel the need for "a piece of paper" or "vows are just words" then fine, but don't parade around pretending to be something you aren't. Shit's worse than wearing a big ass CZ wedding ring. Fake! (which is an entirely different debate...).

I take pride in being married. Marriage is a holy unity to me. It isn't something I take lightly and neither should anyone else. So for a 16yo who's knocked up by her boyfriend and living with his parents to carry on like she's married... yeah, *eyeroll*. Or for a woman who's been living with her baby daddy for 3 years, but the man won't actually propose to her, to wear his last name like she's married. Ugh.

I am proud to call myself my husband's wife and proud to have his last name.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Replies (221-228):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Because you are oh so involved in their relationship?

The bottom line is, you don't get to define what marriage is to another person. If they want to act like they are married, let them. Whats it to you?

Quoting Anonymous:

There's always someone who wants to find that oddball situation that doesn't pertain to whatever the OP is actually referring to. Ugh...

No crap. But the fact still stands, this is not what HAPPENING.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

No.

I mean marriage isn't only defined by the law. It is defined as a "close union." This means that someone who has exchanged vows, even if not in court, are married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh you mean "common law"? :-S rmkay

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Congrats - Marriage is different to everyone. Just because someone is not legally married, does not mean that they are not married.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
That would be me. Its not that I'm ashamed of my husband but honestly I keep forgetting. I've been married for 5 years and I know its so dumb for me to keep my maiden name but then again Facebook is not the most important thing in the world. I have my id that has my husbands last name and I think that's what really counts.

Quoting Anonymous:

I find it stranger when women who ARE married continue to use their maiden name on FB......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Some women keep their maiden name after they get married. My mother did. And I have no plans to change mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I find it stranger when women who ARE married continue to use their maiden name on FB......

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

what do you care what other people do?    it has absolutely NOTHING to do with you

kitchen.ninja
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
What about those who are married but legally have not changed their name? Does that bug you too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I agree.

My cousin's daughter has her baby daddy's last name on her FB and is always going on about how "her husband" has so much respect for her. Obviously not enough to make you his wife and not just a baby mama.

My other cousin's girlfriend has his name on her FB. They've been together 12 years.. he's not going to marry you!!
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

what are you? The FB police? Or maybe the marriage patrol. Geez. Get over it.

Prayers for Chuck Pagano, Colts coach. Fighting Leukemia.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see why what other people do bothers people who are not involved so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN