Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't claim his last name on Facebook...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

... if your ass isn't married!!

This annoys the shit out of me. I have three friends on Facebook (people that I know personally - two family members and one old friend) who have their boyfriend's last name listed as their on.

Don't play wifey if you aren't married. And if you don't feel the need for "a piece of paper" or "vows are just words" then fine, but don't parade around pretending to be something you aren't. Shit's worse than wearing a big ass CZ wedding ring. Fake! (which is an entirely different debate...).

I take pride in being married. Marriage is a holy unity to me. It isn't something I take lightly and neither should anyone else. So for a 16yo who's knocked up by her boyfriend and living with his parents to carry on like she's married... yeah, *eyeroll*. Or for a woman who's been living with her baby daddy for 3 years, but the man won't actually propose to her, to wear his last name like she's married. Ugh.

I am proud to call myself my husband's wife and proud to have his last name.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I can legally change my last name to my boyfriends anytime I want. We don't plan on getting married but *gasp* I plan on taking his last name. No biggy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom36
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

spicy_n_sweet
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Maybe she invests in really high priced real estate?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Nor beautiful or luxurious.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're too Gangnam Style for me!

I don't know. She doesn't come across as all that posh,upper crust, and just generally rolling the Won.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Aside from the crazy ranting people like you, I find this site enjoyable. I find it nice to talk to people and ask for advice. I do not ramble on about pointless points that nobody cares about. This is why you fall into the category of this site sucking along with the people who post stories about child molestors and bitch about their lives. Congratulations. Good night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
It's called common law. Get over yourself.
Mama_Dolly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
who shit in your cornflakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

She's too classy and into her coffee for that.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Maybe she invests in really high priced real estate?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Nor beautiful or luxurious.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're too Gangnam Style for me!

I don't know. She doesn't come across as all that posh,upper crust, and just generally rolling the Won.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Just for you I'm going to go change my last name in Facebook to my fianc├ęs last name and we aren't getting married for another year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I'm really going to throw myself under the bus here...

Of course you don't understand. You're in a gay marriage. How is this a holy union? It's not.

(BTW I'm not a gay hater by any means, I just don't support gay marriage. I'm a Christian and I believe that marriage is between a woman and a man.)

Quoting wkukid:

I used my wife's name on Facebook a year before we got married. I don't get why that bothers you.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

How much time must one have on their hands to:  sit around and think about what other people call themselves to the point of getting this bothered by it?

Me personally, I could honestly from the bottom of my heart give less than 2 shits what someone else calls themselves. Feel free to call yourself (general yourself) : Asshole McMotherfucker for all I care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN