Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't claim his last name on Facebook...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

... if your ass isn't married!!

This annoys the shit out of me. I have three friends on Facebook (people that I know personally - two family members and one old friend) who have their boyfriend's last name listed as their on.

Don't play wifey if you aren't married. And if you don't feel the need for "a piece of paper" or "vows are just words" then fine, but don't parade around pretending to be something you aren't. Shit's worse than wearing a big ass CZ wedding ring. Fake! (which is an entirely different debate...).

I take pride in being married. Marriage is a holy unity to me. It isn't something I take lightly and neither should anyone else. So for a 16yo who's knocked up by her boyfriend and living with his parents to carry on like she's married... yeah, *eyeroll*. Or for a woman who's been living with her baby daddy for 3 years, but the man won't actually propose to her, to wear his last name like she's married. Ugh.

I am proud to call myself my husband's wife and proud to have his last name.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Then you won't be pretending, will you?

Quoting Retrokitty:

I can legally change my last name to my boyfriends anytime I want. We don't plan on getting married but *gasp* I plan on taking his last name. No biggy.

noble427
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Soooooo true!
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I apologize for you being narrow minded. I feel really bad for you.
spicy_n_sweet
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

That's a shame.  A good investment is a good investment.  I've never met a person to classy for a lucrative investment. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She's too classy and into her coffee for that.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Maybe she invests in really high priced real estate?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Nor beautiful or luxurious.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're too Gangnam Style for me!

I don't know. She doesn't come across as all that posh,upper crust, and just generally rolling the Won.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Oh who cares. I would rather wear a CZ ring than a diamond personally. SO got me a big ole emerald though so I am happy. Why does it matter to you what anyone else does? It doesn't diminish your marriage unless you let it.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM
lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM
It annoys me to a point but only because my cousin who's on her third engagement this year changes her last name to her current flavor of the month and calls him hubby and herself wifey.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I've never even heard the song... *gasp*

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Maybe she invests in really high priced real estate?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Nor beautiful or luxurious.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're too Gangnam Style for me!

I don't know. She doesn't come across as all that posh,upper crust, and just generally rolling the Won.

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM

i might get married one day... but i wont take his last name. hell- i just started like my last name like 7 years ago... i refuse to give it up now! plus, i doubt any american name will go along with my first name (japanese).

LamiavitaDivina
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)