Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who feel that the.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

boy scouts should be forced at allow (openly) gay leaders and openly gay boy scouts...............

Do you think other groups should be forced to allow and accept it as well? Such as a college groups such as "Aggies for Christ" or a women's christian sorority at college? What about church youth groups? Should they be forced to accept it as well? Or a local CHristian moms group?

Just wondering :)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Where?

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually God said that you can't be a practicing gay and truly be a christian.  If you're a practicing Christian then you can't be a practicing gay.  If you are gay and celibate, then you can also be Christian.

Quoting Gealach:

Who ever said you can't be both gay AND christian?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm fine with them excluding people as long as they're a private organization. I think they get too much tax funded money to call themselves a private organization though.

They should figure out what the hell they really want and stop trying to have the best of both worlds.

.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM
If a group is Christian I support their right to their religion. If their religious beliefs disagree with homosexuality, that is their right.

The boy scouts are a religious organization as far as I know, so I feel that it is their right to run their organization as deemed by their religion.

However, being that I don't agree with their twist of Christianity I would never put my child in nor support the boy scouts.

Christians deserve the right to religious freedom as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

In the new testament -

1st Corinthians 6:9-11

Romans 1:25-27

1 Timothy 1:8-10

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Where?

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually God said that you can't be a practicing gay and truly be a christian.  If you're a practicing Christian then you can't be a practicing gay.  If you are gay and celibate, then you can also be Christian.

Quoting Gealach:

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I don't think they should be forced to do anything.. I just won't buy anything from them, let my son join or anything of the like. My money won't support hate.. and the group (as a whole) can hate all they want. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

The government shouldn't have a controlling say in any "group".

Just like they shouldn't have a say in who employers hire.

It's ridiculous that the same people who are trying to get the government to force people to be "accepting" of those of a different sexual orientation are the same ones complaining about abortion rights (as in complaining that the government will take those rights away). If you're going to allow the government to dictate one aspect of our personal lives, then don't bitch when they dictate other aspects.

The government needs to worry about it's own business and leave it's citizens to live a life that works for them. Just because a Christian doesn't believe homosexuality is right doesn't mean they are in the wrong. Just because and Atheist doesn't believe there is a god doesn't mean they are wrong. Our citizens should be allowed to guide their own moral compasses and life according to them (so long as they don't hurt others in those practices).

.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

so after reading all that.. i dont see where it says you can not be chiristian if you are gay? So if you sin you cant be christian.... i guess im just confused as to why you say you can not be a christian.

OKay homosexuality is a sin, but drinking, lieing and greed are all mentioned as well..... thats about 100% of america at one point or another lol.. so i dont think its that they cant be christian, rather that christianity views it as a sin....

so my question is why cast out homosexuals and not divorcees, or those who are greedy ,or liars... i mean why the distain for homosexuality? are not all sins equal in the eyes of the lord.... it is beyond self righteous to exclude ONE SINGLE sin as unspeakable and give the rest a pass.

have you ever heard the argument of david and johnathan in the bible, the gay lovers

regardless the most important scripture is this.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Quoting Anonymous:

In the new testament -

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Where?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gealach:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Bump
AnjalisMommy07
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM
They can hate whoever they want. Doesn't mean I have to support or participate in their narrow mindlessness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Yes, you are correct, adulterers, drunks, druggies, swindlers, thieves and more will not inherit the kingdom of God.  Please note, I did not say I hated gay people, but you can't proclaim to be a Christian and then knowingly, openly and repeatedly do EXACTLY what Christ told you not to do; well, not and expect to make it to heaven.  It is like the 'Christians' who say, that they have accepted Christ and want to follow Him but then go sleep with a woman other than their wife, or go out and get drunk on a regular basis.  If you'd like to see a concentrated gathering of people like this, go to a Bible meeting at your local state prison.  Yes, some of them are sincere, they will get out and try to follow Christ, but the vast majority are merely saying the words.  Reminds me of the fellow who said, "I really wanted a new car.  I was going to pray to God for one, but I know that he doesn't work that way, so I didn't pray for one.  Instead, I went out and stole one and I'll ask God for his forgiveness."  Yes, a man who is so vain that he thinks he's beat the system.

Bottom line, you are either a follower or Christ or you're not.  No real shame in not being a follower of Christ but either follow Him and do what is asked or don't, but if you don't then don't call yourself a Christian; no more than the fellow who goes to church but then screws his neighbors wife is a Christian.  If you are a practicing homosexual, it is an oxymoron to call yourself a Christian.  I mean I could 'call' myself black, but I'm not - can't stop me from calling myself black.  I could call myself a man, but I'm not - can't stop me from calling myself one.  However in both cases, when someone saw me, saw who I am, saw what I'm doing, they would see that I was not what I was saying I was.  A practicing homosexual is NOT a Christian, period.

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God?A)"> Do not be deceived:B)"> Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterersC)"> nor men who have sex with mena]">[a]D)"> 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlersE)"> will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were.F)"> But you were washed,G)"> you were sanctified,H)"> you were justifiedI)"> in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie,A)"> and worshiped and served created thingsB)"> rather than the Creator—who is forever praised.C)"> Amen.26 Because of this, God gave them overE)"> to shameful lusts.F)"> Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.G)"> 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
8 We know that the law is goodA)"> if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteousB)"> but for lawbreakers and rebels,C)"> the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

so after reading all that.. i dont see where it says you can not be chiristian if you are gay? So if you sin you cant be christian.... i guess im just confused as to why you say you can not be a christian.

OKay homosexuality is a sin, but drinking, lieing and greed are all mentioned as well..... thats about 100% of america at one point or another lol.. so i dont think its that they cant be christian, rather that christianity views it as a sin....

so my question is why cast out homosexuals and not divorcees, or those who are greedy ,or liars... i mean why the distain for homosexuality? are not all sins equal in the eyes of the lord.... it is beyond self righteous to exclude ONE SINGLE sin as unspeakable and give the rest a pass.

have you ever heard the argument of david and johnathan in the bible, the gay lovers

regardless the most important scripture is this.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’a]">[a]A)"> 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’b]">[b]B)"> 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”C)">

Quoting Anonymous:

In the new testament -

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Where?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gealach:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured