Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't feel bad for her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My sister lost her kids almost a year ago. It'll be a year in 2 weeks. It was in large part to something that her boyfriend did, but she never opened up and explained what happened to authorities. She sat on it, and while not protecting him, per say, she wasn't doing anything to help the case against him, either.

Anyway, she has been doing the bare minimum over the past 9 months or so to get her kids back. Her son was only a couple months old at the time, and her daughter was almost school age. She has known since June that one requirement was that she find a suitable living arrangement that included 2 or 3 bedrooms. There were location restrictions as well. She spent from June to early October talking about it, hearing suggestions, and shooting them down.

She figured my aunt would let her and the kids move in with her, but she shot herself in the foot with that one, when she accused our special needs cousin of something. The state will not approve my aunt's home as a possibility.

She had a deadline of September 4th, and watched it pass. They extended it to Oct 1st, and she watched it pass. Today, she's freaking out, because they have given her a hard deadline of 15 days to find, move in, and make livable a home for her two children. If she can't do it, they will be removed from her care permenently.

She has had a full time job making $15/hour, no rent, but she had an eviction on her record that won't be removed until she pays over $1500 in back rent. She also has been required to pay CS to the state over the past year, and she's over $6000 in arrears for CS.

But of course, her nails are always freshly manicured, her clothes are always new, her hair freshly cut and colored every few weeks. She is always complaining that she's broke, and has all these bills, but she was making more than enough to pay them off while she worked, during the time when she didn't have the apartment. She has been bouncing back and forth, living with various family members over the last year- no rent, no utilities, just CS and back debt.

And I don't feel remotely bad for her.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rvb146
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I wouldn't either. Hopefully she will learn someday, soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM
If I ever heard my sister was talking about me in a negative way on a message board or anywhere else I would never speak to her again. You are cold blooded.
noble427
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Those poor kids :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM

She's 26. She should have learned a long time ago, and never did. We all figured losing her kids would be a wake up call, and instead, she looked at it like it was free baby sitting for a year.

Quoting rvb146:

I wouldn't either. Hopefully she will learn someday, soon.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thats really sad.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Quoting noble427:

Those poor kids :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Where are the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel so sorry for her kids, but not her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Our brother took custody of them the night my nephew wound up in the hospital, and has had them since. He and his SO had to become licensed foster care providers, and have to deal with all of the court dates, TONS of medical appointments, counseling appointments, plus visitations from 1 dad (the kids each have a different dad, neither of which was in the picture before hand- the dad who now is has missed out on a LOT of his daughter's life due to my sister denying him access), and my sister.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are the kids?

Mrs.Miller11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM

cold blooded? Yeah, the sister the OP is referring to is a fucking deadbeat loser who doesnt deserve to have children  That woman is a sorry excuse for a human being, let alone a mother. And if you side with the OP's sister, you are just as fucked up and stupid

Quoting Anonymous:

If I ever heard my sister was talking about me in a negative way on a message board or anywhere else I would never speak to her again. You are cold blooded.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)