Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't feel bad for her.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister lost her kids almost a year ago. It'll be a year in 2 weeks. It was in large part to something that her boyfriend did, but she never opened up and explained what happened to authorities. She sat on it, and while not protecting him, per say, she wasn't doing anything to help the case against him, either.

Anyway, she has been doing the bare minimum over the past 9 months or so to get her kids back. Her son was only a couple months old at the time, and her daughter was almost school age. She has known since June that one requirement was that she find a suitable living arrangement that included 2 or 3 bedrooms. There were location restrictions as well. She spent from June to early October talking about it, hearing suggestions, and shooting them down.

She figured my aunt would let her and the kids move in with her, but she shot herself in the foot with that one, when she accused our special needs cousin of something. The state will not approve my aunt's home as a possibility.

She had a deadline of September 4th, and watched it pass. They extended it to Oct 1st, and she watched it pass. Today, she's freaking out, because they have given her a hard deadline of 15 days to find, move in, and make livable a home for her two children. If she can't do it, they will be removed from her care permenently.

She has had a full time job making $15/hour, no rent, but she had an eviction on her record that won't be removed until she pays over $1500 in back rent. She also has been required to pay CS to the state over the past year, and she's over $6000 in arrears for CS.

But of course, her nails are always freshly manicured, her clothes are always new, her hair freshly cut and colored every few weeks. She is always complaining that she's broke, and has all these bills, but she was making more than enough to pay them off while she worked, during the time when she didn't have the apartment. She has been bouncing back and forth, living with various family members over the last year- no rent, no utilities, just CS and back debt.

And I don't feel remotely bad for her.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM

On one hand, I feel bad that if she fails yet again, they won't be with her. But, I also have felt since she first had her oldest, that she is NOT a maternal person. She is just one of those women who never should have been a mom, so I feel like this might be the best thing for the kids, in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel so sorry for her kids, but not her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I could have written most of this word for word. Except the kid part. She has had help with all of them and one of them lives with someone else. Its all legal but can't go into detail on here. I do love my sister to pieces but she is very self absorbed most of the time. I rarely have new clothes, hell I don't even have the time to get my hair done or even a simple eye brow wax! Saddening!
Mrs.Miller11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

OP, I am sorry to hear this. I feel so bad for the kids, poor things. As for your sister, I hope she gets kicked in the uterus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

To each their own. My sister and I don't speak to begin with, and haven't from the moment I got a phone call saying my nephew was in the hospital with over a dozen unexplained broken bones.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I ever heard my sister was talking about me in a negative way on a message board or anywhere else I would never speak to her again. You are cold blooded.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

It would be a blessing if she would just get her tubes tied. She was pregnant again (barely) when it all happened, but she opted to terminate that pregnancy.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

OP, I am sorry to hear this. I feel so bad for the kids, poor things. As for your sister, I hope she gets kicked in the uterus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
It's not about what their lives will be like with or without her. It's the knowing that your mom could have fought for you and she didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

On one hand, I feel bad that if she fails yet again, they won't be with her. But, I also have felt since she first had her oldest, that she is NOT a maternal person. She is just one of those women who never should have been a mom, so I feel like this might be the best thing for the kids, in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Good point- as of now, they are pretty young, especially my nephew. But at some point, they'll know and understand what happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not about what their lives will be like with or without her. It's the knowing that your mom could have fought for you and she didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, when did you lose custody of your kids and not support them?

Quoting Anonymous:

If I ever heard my sister was talking about me in a negative way on a message board or anywhere else I would never speak to her again. You are cold blooded.
Aleta775
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't feel bad for your sister either. The bottom line, if she really wanted them back she would have made it happen by the first date they gave her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetMissJaye
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I feel bad for her children, especially her daughter, who is old enough to truly miss her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN