Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in PAIN, and.........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I'm not doing anything about it. I can't. I have a history of screwing up my back. I tend to pull muscles a lot even when I try to be careful. I have pulled a muscle around my shoulder blade. I know that's what I've done because I've done it before. I need some serious pain meds and a muscle relaxer. I'm not going to a doctor. I can't. We don't have any family near by to help. My dh was very sick last week and he missed a few days. He can't miss any more work. If I take the meds I need, they will knock me on my ass and I would need dh to watch the kids. He can't. So I have to wait until this weekend. It is going to be a very painful wait. Has anyone else had to do this? Any advice I'll take. I've been using a heating pad and taking ibuprophen. It helps a little bit.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3greatkids751
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Bump
pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Massage therapy? My friend is in school for massage therapy and I've seen him perform what looked like a miracle with my mom and her chronic pain. Its so bad she can't raise her arms above shoulder height.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I deal with a large amount of pain in most of my body with no understanding of when it will hit. Unfortunately you have to as you already said you can't afford to be knocked out. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Can't you take a OTC pain killer/aid to take the edge off the pain?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Alternate ice with the heat. Will he massage it for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I am also in pain from my back and shoulder. I went to my dr's office today, and saw a new dr that is an osteopath. She very gently manipulated my lower back/hips into place. I thought I had a pinched nerve (and still may) in my neck/shoulder area. She found that my first rib was really out, she got that to go back too. I have a script for flexeril, I don't find it sedating and it really helps with the muscle pain. Maybe you can get that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Maybe take half of a pain killer so it doesnt knock you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured