Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm in PAIN, and.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not doing anything about it. I can't. I have a history of screwing up my back. I tend to pull muscles a lot even when I try to be careful. I have pulled a muscle around my shoulder blade. I know that's what I've done because I've done it before. I need some serious pain meds and a muscle relaxer. I'm not going to a doctor. I can't. We don't have any family near by to help. My dh was very sick last week and he missed a few days. He can't miss any more work. If I take the meds I need, they will knock me on my ass and I would need dh to watch the kids. He can't. So I have to wait until this weekend. It is going to be a very painful wait. Has anyone else had to do this? Any advice I'll take. I've been using a heating pad and taking ibuprophen. It helps a little bit.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
We do have extra pillows. I can try that too. Thank you.

Quoting cjsix:

I can relate...unfortunately for me...lol! Heating pad,Icy Hot,having hubby rub it...even an intentionally lousey job(yes,mine does do a lousey job on purpose sometimes) still helps some...I had a bean bag when I was pregnant and had this happen one time...it was the only way I could sleep. The bean bag(chair) supported my shoulder and back so it took some of the pressure off and therefore some of the pain. LOTs of pillows will help too as you can use them for support. Sorry,I'm not sure what else to suggest except a glass of wine after the kids are asleep ...as it will help you fall asleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Oh wow. That really sucks. I'm sorry that happened.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

no, but I had pneumonia once, couldn't breathe, had just got home from the ER around 3 AM and dhs stupid unit wouldn't let him off to watch the kids.  I couldn't breathe, I could hardly stay awake and my fever wasn't going down.  I had just started the antibiotics so they weren't helping yet.  they wouldnt let him home.  not until I had my neighbor drive me and the kids to his unit and I dropped them off right to his 1SG.  I then crawled into the backseat of my car and slept the rest of the day....fucking assholes. 

I hope you feel better.  have you tried a heating pad, ice pack, pressure points or stretches.  some of those are very helpful for me when I pull a muscle in my shoulder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Awwww man. If only I had some wine. That would be so nice.

Quoting cjsix:

I can relate...unfortunately for me...lol! Heating pad,Icy Hot,having hubby rub it...even an intentionally lousey job(yes,mine does do a lousey job on purpose sometimes) still helps some...I had a bean bag when I was pregnant and had this happen one time...it was the only way I could sleep. The bean bag(chair) supported my shoulder and back so it took some of the pressure off and therefore some of the pain. LOTs of pillows will help too as you can use them for support. Sorry,I'm not sure what else to suggest except a glass of wine after the kids are asleep ...as it will help you fall asleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I haven't really used bath salts much. I have tried to soak in the tub and it doesn't really help. Our tub is stupid. It is hard to soak in, and the pain shoots up my neck with the angel that I have to hold my head, on the edge. Bath pillows don't work either. It is still not very comfortable. I hate our bath tub. It is a crappy apartment bath tub. I can't wait to have a house so I can finally have a nice tub to soak in.

Quoting ElitestJen:

I've found a bath with eucalyptus and menthol bath salts really helps with muscle tension. Soak for about 20mins and you'll get out feeling all tingly and loose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Yes I'm a massage therapist with magic hands. Some guys don't know how to be gentle like that even though they mean well. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe try taking a bath with sea salt or epsom salts.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurts so bad. And yes my dh tries. He tries to be gentle but I just can't stand it. Maybe a massage therapist will have a lighter touch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Alternate ice with the heat. Will he massage it for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)

ElitestJen
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Ok. Well, good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't really used bath salts much. I have tried to soak in the tub and it doesn't really help. Our tub is stupid. It is hard to soak in, and the pain shoots up my neck with the angel that I have to hold my head, on the edge. Bath pillows don't work either. It is still not very comfortable. I hate our bath tub. It is a crappy apartment bath tub. I can't wait to have a house so I can finally have a nice tub to soak in.

Quoting ElitestJen:

I've found a bath with eucalyptus and menthol bath salts really helps with muscle tension. Soak for about 20mins and you'll get out feeling all tingly and loose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thank you anyway. You had a good suggestion. It just won't work for me.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Ok. Well, good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Of all the suggestion, I'm leaning towards massage. I've had massages before but not for my back pain. I felt so good after my massage. But I went on a weekend during the day. Are massage places still open after 7pm? That's the only time I could get to one on a week day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I'm a massage therapist with magic hands. Some guys don't know how to be gentle like that even though they mean well. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe try taking a bath with sea salt or epsom salts.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurts so bad. And yes my dh tries. He tries to be gentle but I just can't stand it. Maybe a massage therapist will have a lighter touch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM
If you have Massage Envy or other membership clinics like that they are usually open until 9 or 10.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of all the suggestion, I'm leaning towards massage. I've had massages before but not for my back pain. I felt so good after my massage. But I went on a weekend during the day. Are massage places still open after 7pm? That's the only time I could get to one on a week day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 3greatkids751:

pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Idk about what is considered regular hours for them. My friend does private appointments and house calls. I don't suppose you're in Ohio? :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)