Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm in PAIN, and.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not doing anything about it. I can't. I have a history of screwing up my back. I tend to pull muscles a lot even when I try to be careful. I have pulled a muscle around my shoulder blade. I know that's what I've done because I've done it before. I need some serious pain meds and a muscle relaxer. I'm not going to a doctor. I can't. We don't have any family near by to help. My dh was very sick last week and he missed a few days. He can't miss any more work. If I take the meds I need, they will knock me on my ass and I would need dh to watch the kids. He can't. So I have to wait until this weekend. It is going to be a very painful wait. Has anyone else had to do this? Any advice I'll take. I've been using a heating pad and taking ibuprophen. It helps a little bit.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Replies (31-36):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Oh awesome. Massage Envy is where I went last time. Thank you. I think I'll try to arrange that.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have Massage Envy or other membership clinics like that they are usually open until 9 or 10.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of all the suggestion, I'm leaning towards massage. I've had massages before but not for my back pain. I felt so good after my massage. But I went on a weekend during the day. Are massage places still open after 7pm? That's the only time I could get to one on a week day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I'm a massage therapist with magic hands. Some guys don't know how to be gentle like that even though they mean well. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe try taking a bath with sea salt or epsom salts.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurts so bad. And yes my dh tries. He tries to be gentle but I just can't stand it. Maybe a massage therapist will have a lighter touch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Alternate ice with the heat. Will he massage it for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Mucinex can work as a muscle relaxer and is available in generic form, Guaifenesin at Dollar Tree and Wal-mart.

http://web.mit.edu/london/www/guai.html

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Have you tried Yoga?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Hope it helps!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh awesome. Massage Envy is where I went last time. Thank you. I think I'll try to arrange that.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have Massage Envy or other membership clinics like that they are usually open until 9 or 10.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of all the suggestion, I'm leaning towards massage. I've had massages before but not for my back pain. I felt so good after my massage. But I went on a weekend during the day. Are massage places still open after 7pm? That's the only time I could get to one on a week day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I'm a massage therapist with magic hands. Some guys don't know how to be gentle like that even though they mean well. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe try taking a bath with sea salt or epsom salts.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurts so bad. And yes my dh tries. He tries to be gentle but I just can't stand it. Maybe a massage therapist will have a lighter touch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Alternate ice with the heat. Will he massage it for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been using the heating pad a lot. It does ease the pain for a little while. I've been trying to take some ibuprophen.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

I can't relate :( I've watched my mother be in horrible back pain though so I can feel you pain a little. she could care for herself at all through it :( Maybe take some Motrin and put a heating pad on here.. Sorry I don't have better advice mama. Hope ya feel better real soon. :)

meitaljames
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Why don't you try a few natural cures instead of the pain medications? For instance, an infrared heating pad is much more helpful for back pain than a regular heating pad and the pain relief lasts for about 6 (!!) hours. Not only that , it also helps hyour body heal the area with the deep penetrating red light therapy. You can see more about it here, hope it helps: http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/far-infrared-heating-pads/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM
Biofreeze!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)