Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that need help making cheap nutritious meals! ETA ETA2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Go get a copy of the american heart associations cookbook...

We're sticking to the meal plan for the month very well so far, all recipes from this book, and so far the dinners can be the entire meal.

This weeks dinner, cost $60. I have NEVER spent that little for a week before..hell, not even for just 3 days. And everyone is LOVING dinner.

ETA
Would any of you ladies like me to post a couple recipes on here to help you out?

ETA2
I'll try to respond to everyone in here at once. First, $60 for the week is a MAJOR improvement for us, we were spending $100-$150 a week, and we're struggling on FS, so yes, this is a great find for me, and I felt like sharing, I know a lot of other moms on here are in the same boat, some better, some worse.
We do not have an Aldi's here, we costco (has turned into a filthy store) and Sam's Club (food products are more expensive than a chain grocery). If you can grow any of your own veggies, AWESOME, that'll make your bill go down even more. Unfortunetly, we can't. I have a black thumb, dh tries, but the dirt around our house isn't suitable for growing, and the kids in here would destroy anything if we succeeded anyway.

As soon as I get the chance to, I will post a couple recipes, possibly even make a group for us to all share some. And one PP has already found the cookbook on her Kindle for $13.99. Hope that helps someone else out too!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Tressakim
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:13 AM

$60 just for dinners?  We spend half that, if not less.  

MommyOfOnee
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM
I would love to check this out, I'll see if I can get the ebook, there usually cheaper! Thanks for the tip, I need easy meals that are healthy&inexpensive :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM

thats a lot imo.

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM
I can spend $60 for a weeks worth of groceries. And it's all rather healthy. Either groceries are just super cheap in my area, or I'm really good at saving without realizing lol!

Quoting Tressakim:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Please do post a recipe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM
how long does the meals take to cook? i cant be in the kitchen cooking all day. i get home from work at about 5 me and the kids are starving and i dont want to be cooking for 40 plus mins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:18 AM
I would like to see some recipes too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I would love the recipes and a link to the cookbook you are using.   $60 for dinners for a week is great!  

samantha115
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Seriously? I'm lucky if I can make 60 bucks stretch further than one meal, and a few essentials I need.. ( milk, butter, eggs, bread, etc..)

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I can spend $60 for a weeks worth of groceries. And it's all rather healthy. Either groceries are just super cheap in my area, or I'm really good at saving without realizing lol!

Quoting Tressakim:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)