Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm someone's "the one that got away"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

and didn't know it until now.

"well..........here we are on the first cool day of fall, and here I am yet again unable to think about anything but this time all those years ago. I don't know what it means to you, but i just wanted to let you know that our thing whatever it was to you contains some of the fondest memories that i've had in this life. I just wanted you to know that. I dont expect you to feel the same or even respond to this, i know you are happy with your husband, but i just needed to tell you. Every woman since you has been compared to you and none of them have even come close. "

While I am flattered, I don't want to respond, I don't know what I would even say to him. We dated for 3 or 4 months, SIX years ago. It was a very casual thing and ended on good terms. He's never said anything like this before, we are Facebook friends and have never exchanged anything more that "Hey, how are you, how are the kids". I guess he is getting nostalgic in his old age? lol

I will tell my husband about the message tomorrow, he will probably think it's funny.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LucyHourglass
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM

ive gotten a message like that before. thats funny. dont respond tho.

TairyHesticle
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I've gotten those. I just ignore them or respond and say thank you but I am now happily married and to please not contact me anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM

awww that must feel good. in a weird kind of way.

jasyoung2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM

just dont respond...my firtst real boyfriend did that to me (it was a good 4 or 5 pages of text messages) and the first guy that I knew had a crush on me and we almost dated...he begged me to actually get with him...but he was kinda gross...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)