Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so pissed off im shaking! vent

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM
  • 39 Replies
So I called my apartment manager 2 days ago about our fridge not working

They sent maintenance and he had some lame excuse about it switching to defrost mode and to leave it closed for 4 hours andit should be fine

4 hours later the meat in the frezzer is completely dethawed and most the stuff in the fridge was warm

Called the after hours line and they guy comes back does something and says it fixed

It was blowing cold air so I said OK and he left

Everything seemed OK till tonight

I went to get some of The milk we bought
YESTERDAY and it smelled weird ( its been in the fridge all day) well its gone sour same with the unopened gallon of milk

I call the after hours line and the girl tells me they can't do anything till business hours

Our meat is now once again completely dethawed and idk what to do

Our food for the month is in that fridge

Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I would be pissed and see if i could get a credit on my rent because of the food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieBre21
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Can you say something like, " Get down here and fix my fridge, or I'm not paying until you do." ?

19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I'm trying to be the bigger person and not flip out lol

I'm going to talk to the office tomorrow if nothing happens I will be going to jag about it

Quoting MommieBre21:

Can you say something like, " Get down here and fix my fridge, or I'm not paying until you do." ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this
They should have to pay for your food. They "fixed" it and your food got ruined.
MommieBre21
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

well i had the same problem you did,  and the nicer i was the slower they were at fixing my fridge and i lost $400 dollars in food. I would kick their butts into gear.

Quoting 19bubbles91:

I'm going to talk to the office tomorrow if nothing happens I will be going to jag about it

Quoting MommieBre21:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Go buy ice to pack around it.
mstkn.identity
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM
This.

Quoting wkukid:

They should have to pay for your food. They "fixed" it and your food got ruined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Ya I've had problems with them leaving a big ass hole in my ceiling above my shower for 2 weeks

My dd was scared to take a bath once I mentioned JAG they had someone in here that day fixing it

I'm not one to be "walked" all over

Everyone in the office knows this.... they know me by name because I go in if I have a problem try and be nice but I ends with me being a total bitch 90% of the time

Quoting MommieBre21:

well i had the same problem you did,  and the nicer i was the slower they were at fixing my fridge and i lost $400 dollars in food. I would kick their butts into gear.

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Quoting MommieBre21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
They only money we have atm is for gas

We don't get paied again till the 15th

Quoting Anonymous:

Go buy ice to pack around it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I hope you had renter's insurance. 

The landlord only has the obligation to fix the refrigerator within a reasonable time.  You have the obligation to protect your meat, maybe by moving it to a cooler and putting in some ice until this problem is resolved.  I'm sorry it happened but this is what renter's insurance is for, though I wouldn't turn in a small loss, due to the risk of being dumped. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)