Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so pissed off im shaking! vent

Posted by   + Show Post
So I called my apartment manager 2 days ago about our fridge not working

They sent maintenance and he had some lame excuse about it switching to defrost mode and to leave it closed for 4 hours andit should be fine

4 hours later the meat in the frezzer is completely dethawed and most the stuff in the fridge was warm

Called the after hours line and they guy comes back does something and says it fixed

It was blowing cold air so I said OK and he left

Everything seemed OK till tonight

I went to get some of The milk we bought
YESTERDAY and it smelled weird ( its been in the fridge all day) well its gone sour same with the unopened gallon of milk

I call the after hours line and the girl tells me they can't do anything till business hours

Our meat is now once again completely dethawed and idk what to do

Our food for the month is in that fridge

Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Replies (31-39):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Im having problems with my complex too.

I told them I would contact my SO who is in SF (if you are army you know this) and get him to do something.

They called me an hour after that and told me they are removing the problem but not replacing it.

They will be giving me a credit, since I am paying for a fridge that I no longer will have! (I do have my own but I have to pay someone to haul it up 3 flights of stairs, and so on)

Its been a MONTH. I'm trying to break lease here anyways this place sucks.  :(

babyboy117
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Get a cooler with ice and put the food in there.Demand a NEW fridge tommorow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM
This.

Quoting wkukid:

They should have to pay for your food. They "fixed" it and your food got ruined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM
SO is stationed at ft Carson but we live off base

Quoting Sekirei:

SOunds like the nice chuckle heads that we have been trying to get and come fix the termites in our door, two of our windows and our bathtub... which post do you live at?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Renters history wont matter to the banks. Go through a first time home buyers program through any bank and it's a lot easier. We bought our place when we were 21 too and had renter experience.

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Lol yes SO is military till April when he gets out! Then we will be moving back to his home state and buying a house when we are both done with school

And only being 21 I feel maybe we should get more renter history before we buy a house

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Sounds like she's military. Gets paid on the 15th, and JAG, and only having money for gas until the 15th, LOL. It makes ZERO sense to buy a home if your military.

Quoting Anonymous:

Buy your own place. Landlord problem solved.

19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :-)

I will look into that when I find a bank there :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Renters history wont matter to the banks. Go through a first time home buyers program through any bank and it's a lot easier. We bought our place when we were 21 too and had renter experience.

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Lol yes SO is military till April when he gets out! Then we will be moving back to his home state and buying a house when we are both done with school

And only being 21 I feel maybe we should get more renter history before we buy a house

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Sounds like she's military. Gets paid on the 15th, and JAG, and only having money for gas until the 15th, LOL. It makes ZERO sense to buy a home if your military.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM
I meant NO renter experience. Dang lol we had no experience.

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Thank you :-)

I will look into that when I find a bank there :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Quoting Anonymous:

3.ang3ls
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I would go to the store and buy some dry ice. I will keep everything really cold. Sorry they didn't get it fixed for you. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM

try to get paid back, but if you can't, could you cook the meat like in a stew then refreeze it? could you slow cook it in a crock pot until then?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)