Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I lost my s*** on him this morning. *edit*

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

My 9 yo stepson. He usually has an attitude, he talks to everyone like they're a piece of shit...including me and his dad. He has issues with this in school as well. He can be the greatest kid when he wants to be, and usually I can handle his mouth. I'm generally a patient person. This morning, though, he just woke up with it. He didn't understand why he had to take a shower every morning. He started arguing and whining about it. Later, I heard him yell at my son and call him a dumb retard. So, I asked SS what happened. He said "Nothing!" and I said, "I heard you yell at him and call him a mean name, what was it about?" And he kept waking and ignoring me. So I said, "Hey, I'm asking you something." At this point his dad heard and told him he needed to turn his tail around and answer me, don't keep walking and ignore me. DS had gotten into something in their room that belonged to SS. But at that point, I was so angry with SS and the way he treats me and everyone around him, I freaked. I yelled at him and told him I was so tired of the way he treats everyone. I don't even remember what all else I said, I just totally lost my patience. This means that all day, he'll be mad and he won't behave at school, he'll talk back to his teacher and yell at the other students if they bother him. He was already grounded yesterday for getting mad at his teacher and going and taking something off her desk and throwing it away. I also made sure I said something to DS about messing with things that don't belong to him and that he knew this already. Anyway, I feel bad now, like I set SS up for a bad day from the start. I just reached a snapping point...which, believe me, everyone reaches with him. Everyone loses their patience with him sooner or later...usually sooner. That doesn't mean I should, though. I think I'm going to call him at school and tell him I love him and that we'll try to have a better day when he gets home.

***Ok, I won't call him at school, jeeez. I feel bad when I lose my patience with any of the kids. As far as him being allowed to act that way, we are very consistent with punishments. He is not allowed to talk to anyone that way or act that way to people and he does get in trouble for it...just not with me screaming at him on the other end. Usually, I just punish him and stay calm no matter what...and the more his mouth runs, the heavier the punishment gets until he stops. I just feel bad when I yell at the kids.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I have those moments too with my son. He has ADHD. Everyone has a breaking point. I always feel so bad afterwards. I always talk to my son and explain in detail so he understands what happened and I appologize for yelling. You are human. (( hugs ))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Sounds like your reaction was long overdue.  Does he have ADHD or something along those lines? 

armywife0424
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I think that your ss needs a good ass whooping. I never would of thought of treating my parents that way. You and your dh deserve respect as the parents espicially from a 9 year old. Yes you lost your patience but I don't think you set him up for a bad day he needs to learn things don't always go his way and he needs to adjust and move on. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Here is a bump

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this
He set himself up for a bad day, not you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this.

Quoting armywife0424:

I think that your ss needs a good ass whooping. I never would of thought of treating my parents that way. You and your dh deserve respect as the parents espicially from a 9 year old. Yes you lost your patience but I don't think you set him up for a bad day he needs to learn things don't always go his way and he needs to adjust and move on. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM
5 moms liked this

You're going to call him at school?  
SMH

He made a bad choice, let him live with the consequences of knowing that  his inappropriate choices are unacceptable.  If he chooses to get in trouble at school, then that too will be his choice.  Don't call him to kiss his ass and try to keep him out of trouble - that's exactly why that kid is the way he is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM

It sounds like he is going through something or very early puberty!

Mommy4two
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh well he'll live sounds like he needs more of that then your patience quite honestly... My children both know I don't put up with that crap and they have found out how fast their world will spin and keep spinning with that mind set...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
in my early morning before coffee daze i read the title as 'i let him shit on me this morning ' Lmao. ...and i thought it was gonna be a weird kink post. going back to bed now.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)