Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Think Honey Boo Boo is a Disgrace to the South....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I can't stand the show, I can't stand the family. Its a disgrace to Southern Mothers EVERYWHERE. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM

THIS

Quoting Anonymous:

That family is a disgrace to humanity and the exploitation of that family is a disgrace to the United States.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I think pageants are just bad. The hair, makeup and fake tan/teeth are what glitz pageants are about, making little girls look like scantily clad minature adults. :/

Quoting chasinrainbows:

I agree. I'm from GA and this show is embarrassing. It makes pageants look bad as well. Then again, I think if a child needs a bunch of fake hair and an inch thick make-up applied....there isn't any "beauty" there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Yep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, you're quite wrong. Never dwelled in a trailer park, nor am I close to "trash". Don't get all defensive cause YOU do.
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Most aren't ghetto white trash either...thank goodness!

Quoting Anonymous:

For real? Are ya'll stupid? What does June do that should get her babygirl taken away? They have a lot of money, but money will not change them June said. I think they are showing REAL life. Believe it or not, not everyone is a southern snotty belle lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

So yay I am not the only woman who feels this way? I'm a Southern Momma, && I am proud to be one, but holy crap y'all, someone needs to step in and get that child away from that woman....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie805
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

That show is not a depiction of the South. It is a depiction of what those who are ignorant enough to believe of the South. In fact, they are just a bunch of red-necks who happen to be from the South. I am honestly offended that TLC would put this show on and let the stereotypical views of the South be portrayed. I am just glad that I am not the only one who finds this show disgusting.

pheMOMenon

Amen sister!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stand the show, I can't stand the family. Its a disgrace to Southern Mothers EVERYWHERE. 

heartnhidin
I think its a disgrace to anyone. That family needs some serious help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Quoting chasinrainbows:

There is a REASON the south is stereotyped in this manner. Cause it's TRUE. Uneducated, rotten teeth, bare footed, dirty trailer trash. Don't get defensive because I just painted your family portrait ;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM
So do you look like a Barbie? Blonde hair blue eyes? Skinny and fit? Hang out with only rich people? If your answer is no to any of those you are a disgrace to the imagine of southern ladies. I highly doubt you are any of that. My point? Don't judge when you don't fill the mold either.
Quoting chasinrainbows:

You must have lived in the same trailor park as those people, lol. I tend to not be associated with trash so no, this show does not represent the South or GA...not at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I lived in the south for years, and I feel like it's a pretty accurate representation...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN