Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Think Honey Boo Boo is a Disgrace to the South....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I can't stand the show, I can't stand the family. Its a disgrace to Southern Mothers EVERYWHERE. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I don't watch their show and try to avoid seeing them whenever they're on interviews, too, but I've seen enough to say I think they're caricatures of the South and help to perpetuate the stereotypes that the rest of the US seems to hold about us. I think it's sad that they're exploited, sadder that so many people seem to be so entertained by them, and even sadder still that because of them another generation will grow up thinking that all Southerners are just like that. It's apparently acceptable to bash the South, though, and sadly because of the success of this ridiculous family's show, these kinds of shows will continue.

Aphrodisiac
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I kinda like the show, it's like watching a circus freak show.

Wife2AGeek
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Being that "reality shows" aren't really reality, I think TLC is pushing for over the top.  I don't really have a judgment on the family.  I watch the show sometimes and they are funny.  In no way would I begin to make a judgement as a whole about the South based on this show.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Do not blame that child. Its not her fault her mother is a pig who profits off her families embarrassing moments. She is a disgrace to moms everywhere. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Southern mothers? How about a disgrace to ALL mothers? Pageant moms? Fuck, ALL AMERICANS

SeamusNBaby
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

The most importantthing is that THEY aren't bothered by what people think of them. The love they have for one another is something we should ALL strive for in our own lives. It's nice to see a close-knit family, no matter how kooky they are. So they aren't all gorgeous, and classy, and perfect. Neither are 99% of us. Live and let live.

staffordmommy
I agree but she reminds me of my mother in law. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Aces2012.
Yep. I cant believe people watch the show and pay them thousands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

She looks like a pig and looks like she would smell. No, wait, that's an insult to pigs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

i heard rosie o donnell offered to  buy the family a new house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN