Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone is teaching my 4yo racism.

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday, SO had the day off, so he was around and he was grilling some food for dinner. We have a son together, and our son is black and white. My 4yo is mexican and white.

Well, 4yo out of nowhere decided to start spewing off at the mouth saying "black guys can't be husbands and they're old and dirty"... I don't know if that's something that he can make up, but I drilled him for an hour off and on asking who said that to him or where he learned it from. I told him a million times nicely that he won't be in trouble, but I need to know because whoever that person is, I don't want around my SO, or my other son.

Note that we don't watch a lot of TV and when we do, it's cartoons.

4yo kept going from one person to the other, listing off people who told him this, to the point where I don't know what to believe because he went from my grandfather, all the way to my uncle, to his dad, and a few more people in-between.

Should I Just let it go?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Replies (81-82):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM

sounds like you know it is your ex, if he has done it before with you other children. I would just stop grilling him, because once he answers what are you going to do differently? Just teach him how wrong it is.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quoting 1likeme:

No don't let it go. Stop leaving your child with racists. If someone makes innapropriate comments I front of you it will be much worse when you aren't present.

I don't "leave my child with racists"... I don't even know who would say such a thing. He hasn't seen his dad in months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)