Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You can't say that!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • 42 Replies
Do you speak your mind or hold things back? Do you teach your child/ren to speak frankly?

I do most of the time:) my girls are shocked a lot of the time because I will tell the server her service was bad or any other time I feel things should be brought to attention.

And I usually have no problem bein the voice of reason in an extended family who refuses to let people know how they feel...I will. Except right now...all family has basically abandoned our children after leavin OK and it,s killin me I can't tell them what pos they are bein...but dh may have to hear the recoil as I can only take it for so long and I am bound to tell'em like it is:)

So, do you speak your mind (irl:) and do you teach that to your children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I most certainly speak my mind...sometimes tactfully, sometimes not.

However, I do allow my child to speak what is on his mind, as long as it is in a respectable way. My parents did that for me and it helped open the lines of communication better as I grew up because I could say anything I wanted, be it a complaint, a rant, etc....as long as I was respectful, we all could sit down and talk about it.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this

There is a difference between speaking your mind honestly and being a bitch.

I prefer the former of the two. And teach my children the same

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be teaching my baby tact and the proper way to get your point across without being a bitch.

meparty
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting mommy_me:

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yes, I do. I will and have always done so. I don't get ugly with people though. I have a happy medium... I'm not a pushover nor am I a bitch. Some people take it to the extreme with being "outspoken" and need to learn when to shut up. -lol-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Off topic but... I'm an Okie mom too :)
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Bein a "bitch" really is relative. One could think it,s tactful but others may see a bitch.

Quoting mommy_me:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't say everything I'm thinking, only what's necessary to effect change.  There would be no point to telling my SIL what a vain, silly bitch she is, because it wouldn't change anything about the say she acts.  On the other hand, if I'm receiving bad service I will say something because I know I can finesse that into either better service or a discount.  I'm trying to teach my children to discriminate between what needs to be said and what doesn't.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I speak honestly with my kids about all subjects, I don't however tell people they are doing a shitty job when I don't know what is really going on I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and teach understanding versus just being mean about their crappy service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)