Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think birth is gross.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

It's not that I think bringing a baby into this world is a nasty thing but the process is. I just don't understand how some ladies want to see the birth in the mirror or how the dad can cut the cord. All the blood and other fluids plus the afterbirth. Then some people want to record the event, I try to watch the Baby Story mini-docs and I just can't stand the thought of birth. I have a weak stomach anyways I love my children but was glad I got the C-section and that they clean us both up before I hold them. I can not be the only one in the world who get's weirded out by this, but I feel like I am being rude when someone post on FB "Were about to push!" and all I think is "Eww, but yay it's a baby."

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
It's beautiful because it's a miracle.

A miracle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the way you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy.Bitch
I loved my births
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

ahaha I like the end result,the in between I can do without. O and the recovery that is freaking gross too.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Nothing grosses me out anymore.

Zacksmama82411
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
It may be gross because of the blood and afterbirth, but the way that a child is born is amazing, a person can only handle so much pain, but childbirth is something like 2 or 3 steps above the threshold. The fact that a woman's body is designed to take the beating is amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting BeAmour:

Nothing grosses me out anymore.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I was mad I couldn't see them enter the world when I had the two sections after 2 natural, full on mirror births.

I'm not grossed out by too much:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
i find it absolutely disgusting too... Its why im kinda glad I had c-sections... I didnt want to see my babies all covered in nastiness... And I almost passed out the first time I saw a birth on a documentary. Bleh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I think it's gross too. I always have a nasty face when I watch the TLC shows. When I was pregnant I wanted a c-section because the thought of "shitting" a baby out of your vagina grossed me out. Well by the end of my pregnancy I wanted a natural birth but instead I got my wish and had to have a c-section. I was devestated and I never want one again! And I will work hard next pregnancy not to have one either. I still think its gross but I don't want all the c-section experiences and recovery again.

Good luck with this post btw...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN