Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's, I have a question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
3 moms liked this

Am I the only one that  literally sits on her ass most of the day and watches tv and hangs out on the internet?  How much of your time is really spent taking care of the house and kids?

When my kids were younger, I use to run around the house about 2 hours before my husband got home and cleaned and did all the house stuff.  Now my kids are grown and I don't have a problem telling my husband I didn't do anything all day, I have less guilt.  LOL

Is there anyone out there other then me that can admit that staying at home is much easier then working and raising a family?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I am also a student and my kids are still young. I stay plenty busy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow. I work my butt off at my job! I would love to be a SAHM! Lol!
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
8 moms liked this

No. I actually spend time with my girls. Clean, cook do arts and crafts, go to the park. Laundry. Dishes. I take pride in my clean home, happy kids and kick ass meals. But that is just me

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I don't do much, but I'm crippled, get up lady, lol!

KKmommy3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

no, I used to work and that was much easier.  I have much more to do at home right now and for the past 3 years, I do find some time to go online etc. but that doesn't really mean much, I just fit more stuff into my time.

skateboardingtoddler girlboy on a swing
I love my beautiful girls, and my sweet little boy. I am lucky to be a mom!

RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I am a SAHM with all of mine in school. So I babysit during the day to help bring in some money. So I can't say that. It will be nice to someday though. Lol

Zacksmama82411
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I work my bum off to make sure my son has a good life and a roof over his head, because dh's insurance is too expensive, so we have to go through my employer. I don't even get to watch tv on the weekends because I'm so busy. It must be nice to do nothing... actually, I'm pretty sure i'd go crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

My only child is in school all day, so i have tons of free time throughout the day..I also have a housekeeper..The house stays spotless between her cleaning and me cleaning in between.. I got it pretty easy..

ack86
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I still have 2 kids at home. I can't really sit and do nothing. I'll have more chances to just sit around when they are all in school if I don't get a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting mommy_me:

No. I actually spend time with my girls. Clean, cook do arts and crafts, go to the park. Laundry. Dishes. I take pride in my clean home, happy kids and kick ass meals. But that is just me

My house is clean and I cook dinner.  My kids are grown, so only one lives at home and I never see him.  My husband usually does all the big cleaning with me on the weekends.  I do love crafts, I go to a crafting center a couple of times a week and I have lunches with friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured