Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is true. We should be asking these questions.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM

As the daughter of a now deceased Vietnam Vet, thank you agent orange, it means plenty!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Just curious-did he have lung cancer? My stepfather was a Vietnam Vet and died in 2005 from lung cancer. The doctors said it could have been from exposure to agent orange.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

As the daughter of a now deceased Vietnam Vet, thank you agent orange, it means plenty!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My father got cancer from agent orange. He will be the first to tell you that "support our troops" doesn't mean anything really. He will be the first to tell you that we need to start questioning what is going on in our military.

He served 20 years in the army and when he got out, it's been nothing but problems. They are so not supporting our troops once they are disabled, injured or retired and in need of assistance.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

It's all about "feel good" causes. It's a lot like donating money. They get you to think you're donating towards a cure for a disease, but most of the money goes towards their marketing, overhead, etc.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Renal failure, kidney failure, heart failure, the only thing not wrong with him was cancer.  The government settled with my mother for a large sum.  He was treated by the VA, thankfully, so his records were pretty clear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just curious-did he have lung cancer? My stepfather was a Vietnam Vet and died in 2005 from lung cancer. The doctors said it could have been from exposure to agent orange.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Your father is one person, many vets, especially from that war, feel that, "Support Our Troops", is an extremely important sentiment, unless of course your father or yourself feels the way they were treated when they got home was okay? 

ETA: The VA treated my father amazingly for many years and worked feverishly to save him, I will NEVER take that from them.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My father got cancer from agent orange. He will be the first to tell you that "support our troops" doesn't mean anything really. He will be the first to tell you that we need to start questioning what is going on in our military.

He served 20 years in the army and when he got out, it's been nothing but problems. They are so not supporting our troops once they are disabled, injured or retired and in need of assistance.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I agree completely. The thing I would like to know is, how do you find out what is really going on with the military? It's not like the media will tell you the truth, and I don't know any active duty military men/women right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

It's all politics, red tape, paper chase. You can't fart without a written order.

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I agree completely. The thing I would like to know is, how do you find out what is really going on with the military? It's not like the media will tell you the truth, and I don't know any active duty military men/women right now.

mrsledford09
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)